• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rchapman

rchapman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:No console. Mod pretty much to get me thru my bachelors in college.Writing,Reading,Bars,Sleep.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:56 AM

I was hoping one of you elite's in here could give a quik explination on this. Is the flubber and the X logo scenes saves within the tsop? Also, if any changes are made to this (color, size, actual picture) is it more considered a temp alteration via a new bios with different codecs, or an actual changing in the codecs in the tsop, or possibly both depending on what one chooses??

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 October 2004 - 02:32 AM

the whole flubber animation and the splash screen are located in the kernel portion of the bios. changing the values that determine how it looks will remain unchanged as long as you use that specific bios.

the new IND-BIOS is an exception. in it's code, there are references to a config file that is read from the HD. when loaded, this bios reads the config and then displays the animation depending on what is found in the file. this way, you don't need to edit and re-flash your bios to look at the changes.

#3 rchapman

rchapman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:No console. Mod pretty much to get me thru my bachelors in college.Writing,Reading,Bars,Sleep.

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:01 AM

Sweet. OK say i got a XDK what type if any, compilers would i use for them? how can coding be done without source codes from al the different xbox API's?

#4 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:20 AM

the XDK is a compiler used to create xbox executables (.xbe). i also has various tools and apps used for xbox development. i'm not quite sure what you mean with the second part of you question...if this was somewhat related to your 1st question.

you do need source to compile something with the XDK.

#5 rchapman

rchapman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:25 AM

How can i go about programming a personal dashboard for myself? and how would i compile this to a .xbe file? And 1 more..(sorry). If 1 was to program a dash or something how could it be done with out the source codes of the original to alter, im sure u can't just make something up that the xbox was never meant to read??

#6 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:30 AM

there is a simple answer to this: if you don't have the source, you'll need to write the code yourself from scratch.

i'm getting the feeling that you don't quite know what you're talking about.
have you ever programmed?

#7 rchapman

rchapman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:40 AM

ok that was a stupid question considering that it compiles it to the same file name right..? Yeah mainly VB and some pascal

#8 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:44 AM

yes, the XDK compiles XBE executables
BTW, XDK is not a type of compiler...it is the official MS compiler that developers use to create their games.

#9 rchapman

rchapman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:51 AM

right. it is used to make apps/dashes/bios's to right? or is that something else?

#10 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:40 PM

apps and dashes: yes
bioses: not too sure what is used. to my knowledge, the XDK can't compile the xbox kernel but I'm sure there is a way since the Xecuter and IND-BIOS bioses are compiled from source i believe. might want to ask this in the dev forum.

Edited by atomiX, 30 October 2004 - 04:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users