6 replies to this topic

#1 Flash777

Flash777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:42 PM

hello

I have a x3 and i'm tring to install on a 1.6 . I did the wire install according to this guide. http://www.teamxecut...ewtopic&t=19136
i rebuit the lpc, check everything and when i turned on the xbox all i got was the ms dash. i took out the board resoldered a little to see if i missed something . put the board back in and I still have the same problem.

i'm pretty sure i have soldered everything correctly. Is there any particular wire the could make the chip not boot to x3 if soldered incorrectly?

thankyou

#2 uma888

uma888

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:03 PM

did u remove pin 4 from the pogo thiny majig? (the black thing), put it back in and it should work just fine, just did it my self !!!

#3 FreewayX327

FreewayX327

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:21 AM

pin 4 n 16 are already removed. it should be pin 6. n anyways hes doing a wire install. wish i could help ya but i havent gotten an x3 yet. im planning on getting it.

#4 Rana

Rana

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Flash777 @ Oct 30 2004, 10:45 PM)
hello

I have a x3 and i'm tring to install on a 1.6 . I did the wire install according to this guide. http://www.teamxecut...ewtopic&t=19136
i rebuit the lpc, check everything and when i turned on the xbox all i got was the ms dash. i took out the board resoldered a little to see if i missed something . put the board back in and I still have the same problem.

i'm pretty sure i have soldered everything correctly. Is there any particular wire the could make the chip not boot to x3 if soldered incorrectly?

thankyou

Make sure your D0 point is done correct ..
the one on the backside of the mobo .. if the xbox isn't booting from the x3 ... it might not get a signal from the D0 point ...

have you both blue leds on (on the x3 board)?

#5 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:00 AM

i would say d0 as well...check all your solder points with a magnifying glass bro...look for solder splash (if so desoldering braid will be used) if a trace is bridged it wont work...

and the people talking about pin headers (he said he was doing a wire install) lol

#6 Anthrox

Anthrox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:36 AM

check on the x3 that the little connect is solder on the x3 board right i done a chip recheck it 3 time even check evrything with a mutimeter all the point where ok i was like WTF??/

then i found that the little connector that the d0, hdd and LAN led wire goes in to the x3 chip wasnt solder right i fix it up mod booted 1st time after that

#7 Flash777

Flash777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:56 AM

thankyou all for your replies smile.gif

well I went to check and make sure all of the wires were soldered correctly.
I found one wire popped up when i tugged lightly. so i resoldered it and turned the xbox back on. It started fragging but at least I was pretty sure the chip was working. So I resoldered to DO then I put it together turned it on and nothing the board was dead.
So I searched the Forum for dead mobo's which lead me to this. http://dwl.xbox-scen...esurrection.pdf
now I just have to find out where to get these resistors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users