7 replies to this topic

#1 whoadae

whoadae

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 06:53 PM

Lets start a list of the uncompressed iso file sizes. This is for users that would like to know or for users on a win9x machine thats file system doesnt support files larger than 4gb. I will add more as they come.

1.27gb Tony Hawk 4

#2 Biznaz

Biznaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:40 AM

this topic brings up the question, who cares? get cd rips if you cant handle 4Gb of dvd goodness

#3 riprazor

riprazor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 03:17 PM

who cares? anyone who wants to put more than 1 game on a DVD. It is pointless to burn a single 1.7Gig game onto a 4.7Gig disc when you can just as easily fit 2 or 3.

#4 Jred

Jred

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 06:56 PM

Man, screw burning games for the XBOX, I have 40+ XBOX games on my HD, 6000+ roms, and like 5 movies, and I only burned 1 disk to make that happen. And that was the first EvoX disk so that I could partition my new HD. I havn't wasted a single disk on it, and I have better load times and VERY EASY access to my games from teh EvoX menu, and I only have a 60gig in there and I have all that so don't wine about big HD's because 60 gigs is CHEAP.

Edited by Jred, 09 February 2003 - 06:56 PM.

#5 Biznaz

Biznaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 10:52 PM

yeah really.. i dont have a dvd burner, and would much rather use a upgraded hdd than dvd's even if i did have a burner. Nfo's give filesizes for the rar's, and the iso is usually only about 100 or 200mb bigger.
Dolt

#6 chiefjoe

chiefjoe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:31 PM

I realize this is treading on thin ice, rules wise, but I was wondering if it's possible to take an iso that you download, and copy it to your hard drive directly? I don't have a DVD-Burner, and haven't seen many cd-rips (course I haven't been lookin real hard either). Can I download a DVD-Iso, like the 1.2 gig tony4, and get it on my hard drive?

Thanks a bunch, and sorry if I'm violating any rules about piracy. If it helps, I DO own tony 4.... but my nephew borrowed it... and then took it with him to Illinois....really smile.gif

>>>:-]
chiefjoe

#7 RustyDog

RustyDog

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:54 PM

Yes,
Just extract the game files using XDFSEtract and then FTP them to the Xbox.
RustyDog

#8 whoadae

whoadae

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:07 PM

I just use XBcopy for games or I xfr from ftp. Shenmue 2 is too big to unrar on a fat32 formatted hdd and windows 9x doesnt support NTFS file system hdd. That is what this is about. It's stupid to me to burn dvds when they load so much faster off the hdd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users