7 replies to this topic

#1 Spykes424

Spykes424

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:14 AM

Okay, Network chip wasn't working, took xbox apart, shipped mobo to Perplexr (on the X-S forums). He said he fixed it (haven't tried it yet, but I have faith). So I got it back, and attempted to put everything back together (mobo, dvd drive, hd, etc.) Screwed everything in, booted up, and got the Xbox Needs Service Error 21 Screen, with switch up (I think this is spose to be m$ dash cuz when you boot it has xbox logo with m$ under it instead of xecuter.), with switch down, it just boots, black screen, reboots black screen, then light turns green/red/green/red/green/red/etc. Any ideas? Please help TYIA!!! huh.gif

#2 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:05 AM

unfortunatly i think its the hard drive, i had a recent problem where i try'd to upgrade from a chameleon chip to a xecuter 2.6, found i didnt have the right bios for the X2.6 and put chameleon back in, chameleon was wire install and i unsoldered to put in pinheadder for X2.6, for some reason it seemed the pin header had a few more pins then the chameleon used so i unsoldered the pinheader and put wire install back in for chameleon, after that i got error 21, dont know why it would affect the HDD but my friend found the right bios for the X2.6 so i put it back in cromwell booted fine but couldnt flash, got error message couldnt read 1st sector of HDD, put HDD in pc and couldnt zero it out, pc could detect it but not reformat it, with chip off i got error 21 with chip on got cromwell but couldnt flash, put in new HDD formatted with evox disk ftp everything, all was ok, maybe it was dring a hot swap flash attemp when i plugged in HDD power something happend to where system turned off, but dont htink so cause i had trouble before that happened

#3 A.Z.BESTŪ

A.Z.BESTŪ

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:14 AM

Install EvoX using Slayer's EvoX installer 2.6. It's just a software error, nothing to be afraid of.

#4 Spykes424

Spykes424

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:17 PM

i burnt slayers on a tdk cdr and it woundlt boot, reccoment anything else? does switch need to be up or down? (the screen that was black, and light went red/green/etc, or the one that gave me the logo and the error message)?

Edited by Spykes424, 31 October 2004 - 02:24 PM.

#5 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:10 PM

The error 21 does sound like a hard drive / dashboard issue.

But the red/green frag is a different issue. I know when I received your motherboard, a few of the chip wires had come loose from the LPC points (cold solder joints). I re-soldered the LPC wires but didn't think to check the actual connections to the chip itself. Double-check those wires and make sure nothing came loose.

The switch that you had installed was a SPST switch. Where the wires connect, you'll see a center post and a post on one side. On the other side of center is a blank spot. When the toggle is pointing toward the blank spot, then your chip is enabled.

It's something simple like a loose wire; your mobo worked fine here. Let me know if I can help.

Edited by Perplexer, 31 October 2004 - 03:12 PM.

#6 Spykes424

Spykes424

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:35 PM

yes it does look like now, there is one wire not connected to the chip (all the wires on the board are connected). problem is i dont know which point it goes to? theres 12 dots like this...
ox
xx
xo
ox
ox
xx

o's are points with nothing, x are soldered wires, so one of the o's has to be soldered, any ideas?

here are some screenies, but doubt if they help, my camera phone sucks, sorry.
user posted image
user posted image

Edited by Spykes424, 31 October 2004 - 03:39 PM.

#7 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

If you look at the chip, you will see that the wires will line up (if you turned the chip upside-down, you'll see the points all line up.

So follow the loose wire to the mobo. To the left or right of that wire will be one that is connected properly. Follow it to the chip, so to the left or the right of the "proper" point on the chip is where you should re-attach the loose wire.

#8 Spykes424

Spykes424

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:21 PM

sorry im a little confused can u explain more? sorry sad.gif also can i take the chip of the mobo? its kinda loose? wondering how its attached and if i can take it off while soldering.

i really dont see a pattern, so far ive figured out 4 wires (im pretty sure). and this is with the chip sitting on the mobo as usuall like in the pics.

Chip Mobo
_|1 4|_
_|2 _|_
_|_ 2|_
_|_ 1|3
_|_ _|_
3|4 _|_

numbers are corresponding wires..

Edited by Spykes424, 31 October 2004 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users