• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kgray

kgray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

I have no idea what I'm doing. I just bought a new hdd, when I took off the cover and unpluged the old hdd i put the new one in and it said to call customer service and had a 13 in the top left corner, so i took it out and plugged in the old hdd aand it said the same thing but it had a 7 instead what the hell do I do, and what do I do? I am very new to all of this so any help would be awesome.

#2 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:40 PM

Error 13 is probably because you have not put anything onto the new hdd yet, have you? Like formated it and re-installed everything onto it.

Error 7 is probably because of a loose connection with the hdd wires, double check they are all in everywhere firmly.

#3 X-ECUTIONER

X-ECUTIONER

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:45 PM

Try using slayers it will format your new hdd as well as add a new dash with all the apps but if you want your game saves or have music soundtracks you might want to backup your C and E drives from your old hdd and then when done with slayers just ftp back your C and E drives to your xbox cool.gif

#4 kgray

kgray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:47 PM

I am serious when i say i have no idea what i am doing. how do i swap all of the old stuff to he new one, and format it. some one said that i should just get a new game and run it and they will go away is that a buch of crap or what? and when i do get it working will it just save the games on the new hdd. like i want or what else do i need

#5 kgray

kgray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:48 PM

what is slayers and how do i get it

#6 X-ECUTIONER

X-ECUTIONER

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:53 PM

Is your xbox even modded because you did not give any info on your xbox as far as what modchip do you have what bios you flashed it with etc. please give more info cool.gif

#7 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:55 PM

I suggest you do some serious reading thru the tutorials and pinned topics that are all over the site. And then come back if you dont understand something specific.

The members at Xbox-Scene will help those who help themselves.

#8 kgray

kgray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:58 PM

that is what i need to know, what all do i need to make it work and be very specific with names and where can i get them

#9 kgray

kgray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:01 AM

I have been reading through them for two weeks and i have no idea what the terminology you guys are using. I am retarded i need them explained to me in lamans terms sorry guys im a pain in the ass i know but im going nuts not being able to play my box

#10 X-ECUTIONER

X-ECUTIONER

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:02 AM

So you mean to tell me that you just bought a new hdd and put it in a stock xbox expecting it to work without doing any kind of research on how to do this your lucky you didn't mess things up more seriously dry.gif

#11 kgray

kgray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:06 AM

i had a guy at my work tell me that some one did it to his and that is all they did. apparently he had no idea what the guy did to his box.
So what do i need to get and where can i get it

Edited by kgray, 01 November 2004 - 12:36 AM.

#12 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:39 AM

Look, you really need to go back and read from the Tutorial section. Any answer anyone here gives you will no doubt have 10 follow up questions/clarifications. There is no easy way to explain alot of this stuff. Your best bet is putting the original drive back in for now. Make sure the IDE cable is firmly in the motherboard, DVD, and HD. Also make sure your HD is set for cable select.

#13 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:42 AM

Go and read about modding your box with a modchip or softmod, before you can use your new hdd your box has to be modded.

Once you have a clear understanding about how you wanna mod your box then we can move on a bit further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users