• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 puppet-master

puppet-master

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:34 PM

Just as the topic says, I haven't yet got an xbox. I want to install a solderless mochip and it seems that Xenium Ice with Adapter is the best shot but only for versions 1.0-1.5.

Are there are any pros/ cons why or I why I should not get a specifc version? If any specifc version is recommended please suggest.

I am onlt talking of Xenium Ice bcos it is solderless and recommended on forum here. I am otherwise, open to all suggestions.

The features I must want are: ability to backup games, Live fro back would be a plus but I could use originals for that, economic factor in total costs is the biggest factor though.

Also is there any date chart, I can be recommended to for mfg of versions?

Thanks guys.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:03 PM

There is exactly such a list (well lists) on the xbox-scene.com mainpage where it says...

"XB-Versions", oddly enough. wink.gif

And for solderless, 1.0 to 1.5, they're all damn near the same.

You just can't use (as you know) a solderless chip on a 1.6 box, because the LPC no longer gives power (re: current).

#3 puppet-master

puppet-master

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:28 PM

Thanks. Xecutor is pretty darn expensive and getting it installed professionally adds even more so to it..
Is it really worth it? Ofcourse I looked at the grid comparisons but I did not understand more than half of differences.

Also how much many can one save from doing a solder job themself.. getting equipment for soldering would probably cost the same. Right?

#4 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:17 PM

A 15-Watt soldering Iron is about $9. Solder will cost you about $5. Compare that to what it would cost you to have it installed. The Xecuter chip is good because they give great support. Xenium is good as well. It's been my experience that you get what you pay for, both in quality and assistance. Hope that helps.

#5 puppet-master

puppet-master

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:13 PM

But I do not intend on using DVD-r backups for a while. And isn't that a lot of dvd games are dual layered. How are we ever suppose to back those on discs.

As for techinal capabilities I don't know (i can't understand the chart) but its other funationalities don't seen that useful to me.

#6 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:23 AM

There are some, but not many. But they will increase, I believe.

You can just back them up to your HD and run them from there, use Qwix and it’s crosslinking feature to reduce game image sizes, or replace unneeded movies with empty .bik files, etc…

There are a few good guides on how to do those things in the Back-up Forum…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users