• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cronus2099

Cronus2099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:58 PM

Helllo, I just had my xbox modded and the DVD drive was replaced with a new drive and I just got it back and the DVD drive tray won't open at all. There is no beeping from my Xbox or anything and I can go into the menu just fine and boot everything up, except for that the tray just won't eject. When I press the button it just flashes a couple of times and then stops. Is there anyone that can help please.

#2 shivadow

shivadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:01 PM

if its an xbox drive then it may b faulty. if its an adapted pc drive u cant open or close it except thru dashboard with open/close facility.

#3 Cronus2099

Cronus2099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:13 PM

I used to have this option on where I could eject the drive manually, but now since I got it back I don't hav that option, how do I get it again, do I have to add something? My chip is an apple chip I believe.

#4 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:03 PM

What drive is it?

It could simply be stuck. I have seen the doors get stuck when a disk isn't sitting in the tray correctly & it closes & jams. When you push the eject, it flashes, but feels the resistance & dosn't eject.

You can manualy force it to eject with a large paper clip. There is a tiny hole on the front of the xbox just below the tray door to the right. Insert the clip, & it forces the tray open.

#5 Cronus2099

Cronus2099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

Yeah I think it may be stuck because when I tried to force eject it its just flashing and the tray isn't ejecting. Do you think if I open the Xbox and adjust it then it might work?

#6 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:39 PM

Possibly. It depends on what the door is hanging up on. At the verry least, it is probably easier to hit the manual eject when the drive is out.

Worst case senario, you could disasemble the drive & figure out what the door is stuck on.

#7 Cronus2099

Cronus2099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:43 PM

But the drive hasn't been able to eject at all, I have the screwdrivers to open the xbox. I do hear a humming when the Xbox is starting up when it starts then it stops.

#8 Niello

Niello

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:09 AM

I ran into this problem when my DVD power cable wasn't properly secured to the motherboard. I'd pop her open and make sure all her cables are fastened tightly and give it a shot again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users