Dojo2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 February 2003 - 05:11 AM

I'm trying to install the Mandrake 9 XBox Linux from http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net

I burn the install ISO on a CD-RW I know works (cause I used it to install EvoX.) When my box boots up my blue "XBox" (from my colormod BIOS) appears, then the Tux graphic appears and covers the "XBox" then my XBox freezes and the LED goes solid orange.
I've heard it supposed to go orange because Linux is loading into memory.

I tried installing debian linux and it loaded up. I didn't want to finish the intstall because I can't figure out if it can be installed to f: like mandrake can, and from what I can tell I'm supposed to connect the box to the internet to download the rest of the install files (like the GUI)

I chose Mandrake because it seemed so simple, but now I can't get the damn thing to load!

Anyone have any suggestions/help?

~D

#2 Dojo2000

Dojo2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 05:27 AM

hmm, did search and found that most people with v1.1 and EvoX or X2 BIOS are having the exact same problem dry.gif

Hope it gets worked out soon! sad.gif

#3 xMonoxide187x

xMonoxide187x

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 06:42 AM

Ed's newest (0.0.10?) Debian Linux CD works with 1.1 boxes, I don't think their Mandrake release does. You can get that at the Xbox Linux site also.

#4 Dojo2000

Dojo2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 08:59 AM

Ya, that's the Debian Linux, isnt't it? Like I said I tried installing that but didn't finish because I'm not sure if can installed to f: and thats what I want. As far as I can tell there's no GUI that comes with it, you have to download it to the xbox blink.gif

It's all so confusing unsure.gif

#5 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 12:04 PM

>>I'm not sure if can installed to f:

Why do you want it on F: ?
If you have the original Seagate 10Gig, then OK, but otherwise put it on E:

And yes, Ed's Debian CAN go on either E: or F:

#6 red1busta

red1busta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:40 PM

The new debian cd has a GUI that comes with it, although very simple. Get the new 0.1.0 testing CD. I am pretty sure it works on 1.1 boxes and then follow the tutorial here: http://xbox-linux.so...=20030026043009

I think he wrote it for 0.0.1 but it is basically the same process. And yes you can install to either E: or F:.....they call E: the 'game partition'.....WARNING: If you install to the F: drive it will overwrite any files on there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users