• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigmacnz

bigmacnz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:11 AM

I have read all of the tsop flashing forums to no avail.

I have 2 Version 1.1 xboxs.One has the ST flashchip and the other the HYNIX version.

I have bridged both the points required for flashing - one on the top and the other on the bottom of the board.

I have booted the boxes with a modchip and loaded up slayers 2.6 install disk as there is the option to flash the tsop in the flashing menu.I then remove the modchip and try to flash.

I get a FLASH NOT WRITEABLE error and MANUFACTURERS ID ff and DEVICE ID ff screen on both boxes.

Ive tried removing the chip with and without leaving the D0 point connected.

Ive also tried flashing from Evox dashboard and its flash option with a 1 meg bios but the same happens.

Ive been modding for years but this is my first attempt at TSOP flashing.

Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong???

Thanks a million.

#2 parkerbender

parkerbender

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:41 AM

you can't flash the tsop after booting from a modchip, you need to use a exploit to boot evox from your factory bios, then flash, the nice thing for you is that you can use evox to flash it if you want, though raincoat is a better alternative. folow this tut, it's pretty straightforward:tsop tut with modchip it is pinned, but i wont rip about it, but your modchip only helps you by letting you ftp stuff to your disk instead of hotswapping, the only exception is a 29 wire chip, which is a bitch to use. good luck, though i've done over a dozen tsop flashes, i won't do them anymore, buy a clevermod for twelve bucks, soooooo much easier, just my opinion, happy hunting,
out.

-parker

#3 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:49 AM

Yep, no tsop flashin after booting off lpc. Do what parker says, just load up an exploit and flash it.

#4 bigmacnz

bigmacnz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I have read that the Chameleon modchip can be used to boot and then removed and the tsop can be flashed.

Is this correct??

cheers

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (bigmacnz @ Nov 2 2004, 03:07 AM)
Thanks for the replies.

I have read that the Chameleon modchip can be used to boot and then removed and the tsop can be flashed.

Is this correct??

cheers

i have heard many peopel say that, but i have yet to see a tutorial that would actually work, so i think its all bs

tehre is however a bios that will allow you to boot with an LPC chip and flash the TSOP of a 1.0 or 1.1, the evox TSOP d.6 bios (not the regular d.6) flash it to your chip, ground a15, and boot, you must remove d0 from ground (disable chip) one half second (approx) after booting, the timing is a bitch

personally i think its easier just to FTP and set up a dashbaord exploit to flash the TSOP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users