..::SEBBY::..

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Painting, Art, Photoshop, 3D Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:19 AM

i was showin my friend my xbox and he said it would be a sweet idea to put a figreoptic cable down the controller cable. Then we discussed it and we thougth it would be sweet if the light started at the controller and traveled down top the port only when you pressed a button. so if you press 'a' really fast it would be solid light but if you only pressed it once it would just be a short burst of light that ytravles down the chord.

is this possible or what and has anyone done it?

#2 Unseen Shadow

Unseen Shadow

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:33 AM

Im trying my best not to laugh at your spelling, but have you ever thought of this.....read the dictionary? You might learn sumthin (my spelling isnt the best, but this isnt my scholarship exam either).....its fibreoptic, its cord not chord....unless you are talking about lit guitar strings laugh.gif which would also be cool...and i think you are talking about lit fibreoptic cable.....because im pretty sure the last time i checked theres at least a few hundred different kinds. I would say it was not possible, but that would make me a liar....its possible but not probable. I mean if you found some uber thin fibre optic cable that would go inside the controller cable and you found someway to get it allllll the way through, well....then id buy u a drink.

Sorry to be mean to ya like that bro, but....on the brightside atleast u get the pleasure of me telling you as opposed to someone just absolutely snapping at you. Welcome to the forums.....u will learn the ropes fast......try to spell.....use search when it works.....etc...feel free to shoot me off a pm or email and ill be happy to help you to the best of my modding ability.

#3 zinkoxyde

zinkoxyde

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:35 AM

I think that its a cool idea, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that its too hard to be practical. The Xbox uses USB, so you can't use raw signals. You would have to connect directly to the buttons, and most of them are analog.

#4 ..::SEBBY::..

..::SEBBY::..

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Painting, Art, Photoshop, 3D Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:41 AM

haha thannks man... i guess i type to fast and sometimes press buttons in the wrong order i often do that.
Yeah i see your points. i think they are all analog except for the white, black, start and back buttons. just an idea i had floatin around

oh yeh if i do it ill take you up on that beer beerchug.gif

#5 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:52 AM

I remember this being discussed before. Just the main problem is cutting open the cable, the putting it back together, or anything like that. It would just be too difficult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users