4 replies to this topic

#1 Brunt

Brunt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 11:08 AM

Ok well...I got the X2 Pro, and everything works perfectly, except..

When I turn dip switch #4 down(off) to boot off of the reg BIOS, it wont boot...now I know because I have Evox loaded on the HDD, the xboxdash.xbe is the Evox one, and not the MS one..and thats probably why...is there any way to get the ms bios to look for msxboxdash.xbe instead of default?

I realize I would have to flash the xbox mobo bios....but that way I can play Xbox live...if I ever get it....

and that way I will feel better about getting the chip with the switch LOL

I also know I can just ftp the orig xboxdash.xbe on there..but wasn't the point of the dip switch to make a fast switch of BOIS's?

Please help!!

#2 Biteable

Biteable

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 01:54 PM

xboxdash.xbe original dash

msxboxdash.xbe retail MS dash from in EvoX (renamed xboxdash.xbe)

evoxdash.xbe The EvoX Dash

Yboxdash.xbe same as evoxdash.xbe

If your system is configured like this you will be able to boot with the Mod OFF to the xboxdash, with the Mod chip on it will boot to the EvoX dash and if you select to go from EvoX to MS dash it will boot to msxboxdash. You will be in the retail dash but the mod chip is ON.

#3 nufan

nufan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 05:05 PM

well i've got an x2 lite but im sure its the same for the pro (depends on bios i guess)

but anyway you shouldnt touch your ms dashboard file, keep that as xboxdash.xbe and just make the evox dash called evoxdash.xbe
because that way the chip looks for evoxdash before the MS one and loads that up, but when the mod chip is turned off it will just look for the MS one and load that

#4 Brunt

Brunt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 12:19 AM

Hey..I tried that..and it just went straight to the xboxdash.xbe...didn't even load the evoxdash.xbe

BIOS = 256k.Evx2.5.colormod.err.bin
I also have..
256k.Evx2.5.colormod.err.evox.bin

Do I need that evox. in there for it to look for evoxdash.xbe? I am thinking so..

I cant do it now..have to get to work.

#5 Brunt

Brunt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:49 PM

A friend of mine pointed out that if you swap out the HDD, and try to boot from the MS Bios...you need to lock the new HDD smile.gif

Using the D.6 now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users