#1 moneypit

moneypit

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 11:45 AM

Does the INI file always stay on c: ?

Or, does it go on the partition that the dash is on?

I couldn't find an answer looking through the FAQ or forum.

Thanks

#2 Brunt

Brunt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 12:26 PM

I thought they were both on C

#3 moneypit

moneypit

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 01:54 PM

I am looking to use a hacked BIOS that boots evox off of the E: drive and the retail BIOS off of C: drive. I know what I need to do with the Dash and Bios but not sure if I move the evox.ini to the same drive the evox dash is on.

Looking to have my X2PRO run with the MS dash as standard. When I need to back up a disc, I want to boot to Evox and have all of the tools available.

#4 SumDumGuy

SumDumGuy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:All kinds of stuf...

Posted 09 February 2003 - 07:32 PM

I only know this from deduction (which has left me looking stupid more than once before...) But I will step out on this limb and say the ini file is to be on the partition with the evoxdash.xbe xboxdash.xbe or yboxdash.xbe (whichever you name it...). The reason I say this is look, for example, at the bootable CD-RW/DVD booted to a xbox that has the evox dash installed to C:. The currently booted dash is on D: and you have an evox.ini on both the media D: and on the C:. Which one is it using? I can say without question in this circumstance it uses the one on D: and not the one in C:. It would seem safe to say that the bioses are basically just allowing alternative dashboard names and changing the search order for the dashboard. Booting to E: should be no different than booting to D: or C:... So I would say, put the dashboard, the ini file and the Skin folder all on the partition you will be booting to and no where else...

Hope that helps,
SumDumGuy

#5 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:39 PM

^^ What he said. SumDumGuy not dumb at all cool.gif

#6 SumDumGuy

SumDumGuy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:All kinds of stuf...

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:09 PM

biggrin.gif

I try not to let on by using big words... Looks like I am doing a good job of covering it up... laugh.gif

Now, If I could just convince my boss of that I might get that nickel raise after all... huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users