2 replies to this topic

#1 squeek

squeek

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:47 AM

my friend doesnt want to desolder his v1.0 box to put the x2.6 in can you actually just slap the chip in there and call it a day

edit: he want to use the xaptor cuz he sux at soldering and so do i and i dont wanna mess it up either so we dont wanna do the wire install either

Edited by squeek, 03 November 2004 - 05:50 AM.

#2 TnTSCS

TnTSCS

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:53 AM

Isn't there a WIRE install option... that would be easy as pie if there is... just tin the wires and tack them onto the solder pads (where your buddy wants to desolder)... easy as pie smile.gif

Unless there isn't a wire install, in which case, you could mickeymouse a makeshift wire install... be creative biggrin.gif

#3 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:32 AM

a wire install is quite easy on the version 1.0 xbox...here is a guide to soldering

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/solder.htm

practice on an old piece of hardware you dont need anymore or pay someone local to do it man...i do nothing but wire installs...i like them better than header pin way for mulitple reasons....solderless chips can be a hassle always reseating them if you move your box around like i do .....the d0 on the back of the mobo is the hardest solder point...the lan and hd wires are easiest....just put a very small amount of solder on each wire first (called tinning ) you wont need hardly any at all cause the lpc points are filled...

not saying soldering is easy , its not...it is a skill...but with enough research and prcatice on spare parts it can be done..

p.s desoldering the lpc with a desoldering braid can be done...but its a hassle and very time consuming...your more likely to screw things up doing it that way than the wire install

Edited by 8itgreat, 03 November 2004 - 10:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users