TheSandman87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:25 PM

most of you guys know what the biggest and utmost differences are between the two, ive read a bunch on both, but i cant seem to make the link why the x3 is so much better to pay $59 and the 2.6 to pay about $35? what is the biggest advanced option on the x3 that you guys think makes it all worth almost $60? im sure it cant be the use of FIFTEEN different bio's, cause im sure most of us only use maybe 3 at the MAX, what are some of the features you guys think stand out the most on the x3 and some of the pros and cons versus buying the 2.6 and the x3? thanks alot guys, this would be alot of help.
btw...im looking to still play live of course and the usual apps etc..so let me know what you guys think and if you have it let me know how you feel after you bought either or. Thanks!!!

-Sandman

#2 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:09 PM

The X3 supports LiveConfig, so you can tweak your bios on the fly.
The X3 also supports LCD screens.
There are other little cool things like that to play around with on the X3.

But in terms of just playing your favourite games, emulators, apps or whatever, there's no disadvantage to getting the X2.6.
Anyone who isn't really bothered about LiveConfig and LCD screens is probably better off getting the cheaper X2.6.

#3 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

i use one bios lol....does everything...same bios is on other bank...

its a nice chip (x3) but for me its overkill bigtime....liveconfig is nice though...i dont need all those bios's ...the backup feature is good as well ...i only flash my chips with a 512k bios (using a 2.3lite) so i always had another bank in case of a problem that never happened

2.6 is a nice chip and will let you do everything you want.....so does my 2.3 lite...as long as a chip can be turned on and off and holds a bios...your good to go

i get 11mb transfer rates too....so boost feature is kinda useless for me

#4 Kafluke

Kafluke

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 03 November 2004 - 06:26 PM

don't buy the 2.6 Lite until xecuter comes out with a supported bios. There are several people out there who are having issues with the evox bios, which is the only bios supported on the 2.6 IF you own a 1.6 xbox

#5 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Games.

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Kafluke @ Nov 3 2004, 07:29 PM)
don't buy the 2.6 Lite until xecuter comes out with a supported bios. There are several people out there who are having issues with the evox bios, which is the only bios supported on the 2.6 IF you own a 1.6 xbox

That's a true point. Luckily I don't have thar problem with my 1,4.

I'm sure the IND bios will support it sooner or later, they work on X2's.

#6 afghan

afghan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:37 PM

I agree with Kafluke, Xecuter 2.6 on a Version 1.6 Xbox is rather flakey. I dont recommend this config until Team Xecuter release their own bios.

#7 shwinn

shwinn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:43 AM

my 1.6 with an x2.6 is working with no problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users