• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:32 AM

ok, i think ive figured it out , im ordering this chip and im goin to take out a hd out of one of my old computers. and i have the SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.6_FINAL.exe.torrent file, tell me if any of this stuff would keep me from "backin up games" on my hard drive and play them there. ok thanx, oh and the size of the hd is.....40 gb and how many games would that hold, thanx again

#2 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:38 AM

not sure what your asking....yes you can put a bigger hard drive in a modded xbox...

yes slayers 2.6 auto installer is used to set up your xbox to back up games and more...

but what you need to do is make sure you dont need info off the hard drive anymore...

set jumper on big drive as cable select...go to hd site and see how to do this...now burn slayers to a disk...i use cdr cause my samsung dvd drive reads them...you may have to use a dvd or cdrw...

so once you have your chip installed and flashed with the correct bios, then either unlock your original drive ...turn off the xbox ..take out original drive...put in big drive...put slayers cd in and boot to slayers....format drive....install dash's (modded one like evox and M$) installed media players and apps...lock hard drive...take out slayers disk and boot it up again...with chip enabled will boot into evolution x dash (there is others , but start with that one for now )

your done...essentially you can use your unlocked original drive in the computer , but i would wait for a while and see if you have any probs first...cause it will have all your saved original files on it, which even unlocked can still be accessed in xbox ...

or just back up your xbox hard drive through slayers from the get go if you like..that is the safest way to go....me i have never done this...never needed to ...your call

Edited by 8itgreat, 04 November 2004 - 07:39 AM.

#3 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:34 PM

ok thanx for that, i was just asking if my plan would work. but thanx for your inout, it helped me out alot, oh and one more question.... how many games would a 40gb hrad drive hold.

#4 ltoolio

ltoolio

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:52 PM

It depends on the size of the game.

Some games are less than a GB big.

Some are over 4GB big.

Plus, you need OS files, cache files, apps, etc...

#5 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:11 AM

oh, well do u think u could give me an estament........oh and i forgot to add on my origninal post.... the chip is the http://www.xbox-modc...-solderless.htm . that would get the job done for the "backing up" games right? ok thanx again

#6 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:22 AM

i would say on average probably 20 games...never used the chip your talking about...but if it holds a modded bios and is installed properly than yeah

solderless chips tend to move around ...when soldered in , well they don't...if you have no clue how to solder than it may be your ticket

#7 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:41 AM

ok. i know how to solder, i guess ill do that, thanx for all of yalls help, adios!!

#8 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:55 AM

oh, do yall think that this chip http://www.xbox-modc...com/smartxx.htm or this one http://www.xbox-modc...-solderless.htm is better, all i want it to be able to put slayers on there, so i can back up games...

#9 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 01:46 AM

depends on your version of xbox you have...if 1.5 or lower than i think a 2.6 lite for $35 will be fine for you...fine for 90% of people out there...you have a ten wire harness and a three wire harness to solder

or do the header pin install (which i dont like as much , find it overheats after extended gameplay, bitch to get out once in, only would use on a 1.6)

man my 2.3lite last year was seven wires total including the d0 lmao...it was so simple...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users