1 reply to this topic

#1 b9_2mr

b9_2mr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:17 AM

I'm trying to rig up a VGA output (sync-on-green) by soldering the plug directly to the motherboard. I don't have a spare AVIP connector sitting around, so I decided to attack the motherboard from underneath and solder directly to the appropriate pins.

Only problem is, it doesn't work. I can't find any two places on the internet that show the same pinouts for the AVIP connector, so I don't really know where I'm soldering to I suppose. The monitor keeps insisting that it isn't connected to anything (the old "check signal cable" message). Am I missing something obvious?

My specs:

v1.0 mobo
HP D2818A monitor (also tried Dell M770)
iND-BiOS 5003

In short, is there a tutorial showing what points on the motherboard correspond to certain VGA lines?

#2 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 November 2004 - 12:21 PM

Do you have switches wired to the Mode points (if you are wanting to switch between VGA and other video modes) or pins 9 and 13 grounded to 10 and 12 respectively?

Pin 1 for the AVIP on the motherboard is the one with the square pad (found on the underside). Pin 2 will be to the left of pin 1 (again, looking from the underside of the board) and follow in a zig-zag pattern for the rest of the pins.

Look for spillage's post about all video and audio ports options. Buried in the post is a diagram that will help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users