• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:36 AM

Well my dumbass was screwin around with the video regions of my Xbox and now the !##$@! video rolls and I can't see to change it back to the NTSC mode it was origianlly at. What do I do to fix this? Reflash? uhh.gif

#2 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:38 AM

Forgot to mention that my box is a 1.3 modded with Xecutor3 and Bios 1957

#3 Cathesdus

Cathesdus

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:42 PM

Its not a bios issue. THats a result or changing a video mode from PAL to NTSC or vice Versa. In other words, its try to output one format on a TV of another format.

Video settings are stored in the EEPROM. What you need to do is get a friend and get the same setup you have and then memorize how to get back to it and change it. Or you could just try to remember it. Also, some old tv's have a vertical scroll knob somewhere on the TV. If you crank this puppy down or up (depending on your situation) it should slow down enough for you to fix the problem and see what your doing.

Edited by Cathesdus, 04 November 2004 - 08:43 PM.

#4 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for replying. At this time I still haven't been able to resolve the problem. I am so MAD I could eat steel! I thought that if you wanted to play a game that was a PAL version, you had to change the video region mode so it would be compatible. I have yet to see any info on this any where on the boards either. I personnaly think the developers should have some way to get back to a screen without all the rolling going on, else they should have a fix to get back to a screen you can work with. Like when you see the dialog box in Windows that says your Video settings have changed, Are you sure you want to do this? Yes No? Reverting back in 15 seconds. You follow what I'm saying? Anyway...I'm kinda screwed but it's my own fault. I just wish I could fix the damn thing. Sheesh!
Sky grr.gif

#5 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 01:02 AM

Can anybody help me? PLEASE???

Edited by Skyfaller, 05 November 2004 - 01:06 AM.

#6 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 01:04 AM

The only solution I can see is for someone who has the same system,- X3 with Bios build 1957- to give me the exact button push combinations to get to the video region and change it back...Thats all I can figure anyway. Like someone guiding a blind man because...basically I am. I can't navigate in it to see what I'm doing.

I also realized that you say this is the Eeprom trying to output a video mode incompatible with my Tv right? Well since I have the original harddrive, theoretically I should be able to erase the eeprom on the Xbox and reinstall the Eeprom from the original harddrive. Well as it turns out, I have all the info backed up already on my computer and should be able to FTP in to it and replace it. Will that work? Well I do have the origianal harddrive contents on my computer so it should work. Guess I'll find out huh?

Edited by Skyfaller, 05 November 2004 - 01:17 AM.

#7 Cathesdus

Cathesdus

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 November 2004 - 02:18 AM

Theoretically yes that should work but how are you going to do it if you can't see what your doing? Configmagic WOULD be your best bet but since you cant see the screen you would have to revert back to the thing I sai (have someone with the same setup tell you what to do) But just because they have the same setup doesnt mean they have to have the same bios and chip... Maybe I can help. How did you change it in the first place? Did you change it using an Xbox App or did you backup the eeprom, transfer it to your computer and change it? What did you do to change the video mode in the first place? Also, you could just embed your EEPROM into your bios (the backup eeprom, not the messed up PAL one) Flash that bios to your chip and boot up. That should overwrite the old EEPROM with the embedded one. I hope I'm helping but you arent being very specific...

#8 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:02 AM

Basically all I did was go into the settings on the Xbox. There were 3 different settings. One said Pal60 I believe..the others said NTSCJ and NTSCU. I switched to PAL60 not thinking it was gonna do all this...lol. Anyway thats about it. When I rebotted the system, it went roll crazy.

#9 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:01 AM

Well...I finally fixed it ...but at a cost. I basically FTPed into the Xbox, deleted EVERYTHING and reinstalled from my original back up.(Good thing I made that) Kinda sux tho coz I had a lot of games I had already installed on the drive and now I have to do that crap all over again. Anyway thanks for your help.

By the way people...don't mess with with nuthin till ya know whatcher doin.
Take it from me.

Arrrgh

Skyfaller

PS: At a minimum, I hope that if anyone else has this problem,my solution might not be the best way to fix it, but at least it's an option.

#10 talon4x4

talon4x4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:09 AM

Guess what....I just did the same damn thing. I guess the video switcher on XBox doesn't work the same as the PS2.

I have a backup of the EEPROM, is there any way to just FTP that over to the box??

#11 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

Well ...where is your backup located? When I first got my chip and opened my Xbox I copied all the info off the original 10 gig drive into a folder using Flash FXP on my computers C drive. Then I replaced my Xbox drive with a 160 Seagate drive and locked it. Copied back all the info from my computer to the new drive, this way I lost none of the original data, and I culd dual boot it if I wanted. If you can get your EEprom code into a folder on your computer you should be able to overwrite the origianal one on the Xbox thats messed up using an FTP program like Flash FXP. I'm not sure if that will cure all that ails it though as I tried it 2 or 3 times like that with no luck. What finally worked for me was rewriting all the drive over again like I did when I first put in the new 160 gig drive. I basically used Flash FXP, took all the data in the Xbox, told FXP to delete it all, then reinstalled my original drives original folders contents. If you have the original 10 gig harddrive...maybe you can do the same method I did. All the origianl EEprom info should be there on it. It also helps to have a router installed as the router will pretty much open a 2 way communication for your Computer and Xbox a whole lot easier. Hope I helped you some.. Good luck.
Sky

#12 talon4x4

talon4x4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:35 PM

I used Slayers autoinstall CD. So it created a backup of everything which I saved on to the C drive of my PC. So, where can I copy the eeprom.bin to on my Xbox?? Is that the only file I would need to copy over??

#13 talon4x4

talon4x4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

Well I did a little more reading and found out exactly how to fix the rolling video I had because I changed my NTSC setting to PAL.

Thankfully I had a backup of my original EEPROM. I d/led Configmagic, put my original eeprom.bin in the configmagic data directory, and burned it all to DVD. I ran the Configmagic blind install and it worked perfectly!!!!

Thanks to all those involved in the creation of configmagic. It's an outstanding product!!! Saved my a$$.

#14 Skyfaller

Skyfaller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 09:01 AM

Great! Glad you got it fixed. My solution was extreme but in the end it worked which is what counts.

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users