• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hateu

hateu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:45 AM

I just bought Xbox Live and I have a quick question/checklist.

I have a SmartXX chip with a 1.6 Xbox running EvoX that has been pimped by all of Slayer's programs. I also have a 160 gig hard drive/12v fan.

I've read all of the tutorials like a thousand times, and im pretty sure i got everything down.

both EvoX and Avalaunch tell me my hard drive is locked, which is a good thing.

I can quick boot straight to my normal BIOS with the mod chip off using the eject button, so that part is cool.

Ive disabled auto log-in and everything as well as Im gonna make sure i unplug the LAN everytime I am not activly playing on Live.

My question is: Since I know you can have both dashboards (MS and EVOX), you just have to make sure the names are correct.... I just have a problem of where to put them.

Is it ok to have both dashboards on my C: drive? Will MS notice this?

More specifically:
I have both Xboxdash.xbe and Evoxdash.xbe on my C: drive, when i only boot from the MS dash and have the BIOS to the original one, will MS have any scan of any type to check for the other dash or will it just ignore it and go straight to its dashboard?

sorry to make it confusing, i just really wanna avoid a ban at all costs

#2 hateu

hateu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:26 AM

Update

yes, place it on the C: drive

started Xbox live perfectly and i played a quick game in NCAA 05' as well as a Ninja Master Tournament in Gaiden.

Does this mean im completely fine until i fuck up?(like leave my modchip on or something, or MS starts scanning everything)

#3 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:37 AM

Yes, you are fine until you access Live with the modchip on.

BTW, that XBE goes where your BIOS tells it to. Some people have their custom dashes on E:. They just edit the BIOS to boot the XBE on a different drive

#4 crazzyassblood

crazzyassblood

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 09:03 PM

Yes, you are fine until you access Live with the modchip on.

thats not true anymore. i have a x2 lite w/ 4983 bios and im banned off live. never went on with the chip on, and dont got anything 'illegal' on the hdd live is DANGEROUS

Edited by crazzyassblood, 05 November 2004 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users