#1 onesikgypo

onesikgypo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:26 PM

alright well a couple of hours ago i was under the impression that in order for you to go on xbox live, all you need to do is switch off the modchip, but i have just recently seen a topic saying that if u have a dashboard or nething other then that then you might get banned, here is the "main" (1st) post of the thread:

www.majornelson.com/blog/2004/10/xbox-live-security.html

If you want to be 100% LIVE Compatible, be sure to have nothing on the hard drive that the box wouldn't put their on it's own. (Hacked Gamesaves, Dashboards, Applications, Games, Exploits....). Also, don't be dumb and connect with a modified kernel/bios.

It seems that ever since the leak of Halo 2, MS have been doing some things to attack us modders. As we are unsure on the exact nature of these 'scans'; hundreds of people have been banned for reasons that wouldn't have warranted a ban previously.

Some theories that have been come up with involve the scanning of the 'C' and possibly 'E' parition of the drive. I'm unsure on what they are looking for exactly otherwise I'd specify. Another possible solution would be those people that have a swapped out 'xboxdash.xbe' file on 'C'. There is more than likely a checksum being done on the file. This is extremely dangerous to UDE/UXE users that use retail games for live purposes

thats basically it, now really wut i want is a simple answer of wut exactly is needed to go on live

i am SORRY if this was answered before but its late at night, ive got a headache from readin alotta tutorials, and all i want is a swift answer, please help ne1

p.s a direct link to the post im talking to is http://forums.xbox-s...&hl=rename&st=0

#2 akm2b

akm2b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:29 PM

The best thing would be a 2nd "virgin" Xbox... I Think...
OK... no Help at all ... Sorry

2b

#3 onesikgypo

onesikgypo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (akm2b @ Nov 5 2004, 01:32 PM)
The best thing would be a 2nd "virgin" Xbox... I Think...
OK... no Help at all ... Sorry

2b

umm ok huh.gif if u didnt know wut u were talking about, why reply in the 1st place....

still lookin 4 help

#4 akm2b

akm2b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:51 PM

if u didnt know wut u were talking about

Actually i know what i am talking about ...

now really wut i want is a simple answer of wut exactly is needed to go on live

an unmodded box is the best thing ... to Not get f**ked by MS
unfortunately there is no other solution to this "problem"

Sorry for bugging you

2b

#5 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:55 PM

I have never used live, so I can't tell you from experience, but I can tell you from knowledge that if you put everything in F you will be safe. Since a stock hd has no F partition, it will never look there. You can put your dashboard(s) there as well and boot to them.

#6 onesikgypo

onesikgypo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:01 AM

I have never used live, so I can't tell you from experience, but I can tell you from knowledge that if you put everything in F you will be safe. Since a stock hd has no F partition, it will never look there. You can put your dashboard(s) there as well and boot to them.

so if i jus put all my bios, dashboard, xbox media centre, everything that wasnt there before on the f drive, then i shouldnt b caught right?? and jus wondering will the f drive b automatically there when i get my chip (my installer is orderin it now, so i dun have it in my xbox yet)

an unmodded box is the best thing ... to Not get f**ked by MS

actually that is no help 4 me, cuz i really want this chip and i really want live tongue.gif

#7 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:28 AM

Most bioses boot from a dashboard in C, so you need to get a bios that will boot from a dash in F. I'm not sure which do that, or if xbtool lets you change that, as I have never done it. If your hard drive is stock, then it needs to be a seagate to have a F partition. You need to format F and you will get 2GB. If you have a larger hd, you will have an F already.

That's my knowledge, however I would like for someone that uses live to respond, because I can't talk from experience.

#8 onesikgypo

onesikgypo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:25 AM

If your hard drive is stock, then it needs to be a seagate to have a F partition. You need to format F and you will get 2GB. If you have a larger hd, you will have an F already.

mine is a stock hard drive, so what do u mean by "seagate" is it just another program like dvd2xbox or wuteva, or is it sumtin difference, please gimme a push in da right direction.

That's my knowledge, however I would like for someone that uses live to respond, because I can't talk from experience.

yeh me 2, jus if any1 goes on live frequently or has been recently, can use jus say wut u did, like did u turn off the chip and thats it, did u move it to the f portion wut?

all help is good

#9 paque

paque

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:28 AM

seagate= hard drive manufacturer/company that makes the hard drive i believe.

#10 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:29 AM

Seagate is a brand of hard drive. The other brand xboxes come with is western digital. If you use slayers or evox or something to format F and it works, and comes up with 2GB, then it's a seagate, if not, its a western digital. Or you can tell by just looking at it.

#11 onesikgypo

onesikgypo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:34 AM

ok, so basically, if ive got a seagate hard drive in there already, i jus need 2 use evox/slayer and itll do it (p.s how will i know if another 2gb have been free'd up)

and if i have the western 1 is my only option 2 buy a seagate???

ill make a note 2 look 4 which brand, when my modchip is gettin installed

Still lookin 4 help wit the main question----> xbox live

#12 onesikgypo

onesikgypo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 05:42 AM

*bump

#13 Bigsam411

Bigsam411

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 05:46 AM

I have a western digital 120gb drive and I use evo-x and when I turn off the mod chip I can still use Live my box has been modded for about 2 months and I have yet to ge6t banned. Im guessing that if u can get to the ms dash with the chip turned off then u will not get banned.

#14 onesikgypo

onesikgypo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:55 AM

well i dunno wut to think wacko.gif

i dun exacly know wuts goin on, but im jus gonna take my chances, and jus if im gonna go on live, jus turn off the modchip and hope for the best

but really, can m$ do this, like having a modchip isnt illegal, backing up your own BOUGHT games is legal, so im jus wonderin if their takin it 2 far by tryin 2 find programs needed to play backed up games, i know they dont want it on live bcuz u can cheat, but there really is no point in banning people who are going on live with their modchip turned OFF, so they cant cheat

#15 X3rules

X3rules

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 07:36 AM

I don't mess with live and basicly don't even have time to play any of the 30+ games I have now on my hard drive, but onesikgypo did you check the tutorial
http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xlive.php to see if this might help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users