• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 riff420

riff420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:00 PM

I was hoping someone might be able to give me a bit of experienced information as to the best way to go about relocating the controller ports. I realize that this can be done in many ways, but I'm open for suggestions.

I'm interested in relocating my 3rd and 4th ports because I've taken up that space by installing my hip screen lcd in their places. that part has come out quite nicely, and while i don't even use the 3rd and 4th controller ports, it would be nice if i could find a way to put them back into the xbox.

I've done the typical searches to find any info, and since I couldn't find anything, I'm requesting some here. Thanks.

#2 goodwin

goodwin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:10 AM

Ive done a similar mod (even though Im changing it again!), installed a hip screen and took out ports 3 + 4.

What I did was to use an RJ45 network connector (Network connector) put a female in the xbox and built an external module with the two spare ports. That way if I ever needed the ports I could just jack them back in.

You dont need the yellow wires as they are for Steering wheels and light guns, and as I dont use these on ports 1+2 I dont think I will ever have 4 light guns going at once tongue.gif

Goodwin...

#3 riff420

riff420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 08:01 PM

ha, awesome. thanks for the idea. sounds like it will work very nicely.
cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users