6 replies to this topic

#1 Poom

Poom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:16 PM

I just got my jewel cathode and I wondered what is the best way to stick this to the case so it stays in place? At the moment I have used hot glue but because the case is crystal you can see the glue from the other side.

Also, where do you hide the wires?

How have you guys done it?

Thanks

Edited by Poom, 06 November 2004 - 12:17 PM.

#2 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:38 PM

Friction will hold the cathode in place just fine once you put the case top back on, especially if you keep the plastic housing on it (the cathode).

Your other option is to go to SVC.COM and pick up one of those double-halo cathodes that have a small inside ring and a separate larger outside ring. You can remove the outside ring and only use the inside ring. That way, your jewel will be backlit instead of having your cathode visible.

#3 Poom

Poom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:58 PM

Thankyou.

So all I need to do is hold it against the case and the friction will keep it there?

I will try this now smile.gif

Edit : Just tried this and I cant get it to stick using friction. It still has the plastic casing on the cathode too.

Edited by Poom, 06 November 2004 - 01:09 PM.

#4 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:34 PM

seriously, sell your cathode and buy one with a smaller inner ring, it looks so much better coz u cant see the actual cathode and you can glue it under the jewel without any glue showing through. 80mm cathodes look shit on crystals or any other clear LEs IMO

EDIT: the extra 80mm you will ave left over makes a great underglo just taped under the xbox after you have raised it a bit with some legs. you cant see it and because it is circular it spreads the lights perfectly.

Edited by Silentscream__, 06 November 2004 - 03:36 PM.

#5 basso4735

basso4735

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:37 PM

yeah, or you can get one of those led rings from bobbrkersmyhero with the leds facing out. They look SICK in the LEs

#6 Poom

Poom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Silentscream__ @ Nov 6 2004, 03:37 PM)
seriously, sell your cathode and buy one with a smaller inner ring, it looks so much better coz u cant see the actual cathode and you can glue it under the jewel without any glue showing through. 80mm cathodes look shit on crystals or any other clear LEs IMO

EDIT: the extra 80mm you will ave left over makes a great underglo just taped under the xbox after you have raised it a bit with some legs. you cant see it and because it is circular it spreads the lights perfectly.

Where can I get a smaller one?

#7 Poom

Poom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 09:03 PM

Looking at it I dont like the cathode...the colour doesnt match with the front LED's at all as it is too light.

What else could this be used for rather than underglow as I dont want to make feet or anything for it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users