BAP1130

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:39 AM

I'm an avid ghost recon player, so for me to play halo and have to hold down the left analog stick to crouch is very awkward. There are certinaly not a ton of spots where u need croutch like in GR, but I think it would be very helpful. My question is that is there a way to add a button in that does the same thing as when u push down the left analog stick, except that when u push it down, it stays down without you touching it until you push it again...I know it sounds kind of confusing, but those of you that play GR should know what I am talking about...Thanks!

#2 DotHacker

DotHacker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:xbox and paintball mostly but other stuff i guess
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 November 2004 - 01:15 AM

nice idea if u figure it out pm me i have no idea how u would go about doing it but good luck cool.gif

#3 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:11 AM

hmm.. sounds like you would have to re-route the whole left analog click button to somewhere else, making it a toggle button.
at least i think the left analog click is the crouch button.

i dont know if thats even possible

#4 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:20 AM

The analog controls don't have a button built into them... there is a micro momentary pushbutton switch on one side of the joystick, with a small plastic rod above it, so when you press on the analog stick, it hits the pushbutton switch. All you would need to do, is get a small toggle switch, and wire it to the backside of the momentary pushbutton switch.

Edit: Just looked... the left analog joystick will be harder to do... as you will have to desolder the left trigger before you can solder wires to the switch. The right analog joystick, however, is easily accessable.

Edited by JaredC01, 07 November 2004 - 02:28 AM.

#5 jeremydammit

jeremydammit

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:32 AM

yes its as above said. the trigger is easy to unsolder though. this is basically like the button mod tutorial i just made, check it out.

#6 sk1tz0

sk1tz0

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (JaredC01 @ Nov 7 2004, 03:23 AM)
The analog controls don't have a button built into them... there is a micro momentary pushbutton switch on one side of the joystick, with a small plastic rod above it, so when you press on the analog stick, it hits the pushbutton switch. All you would need to do, is get a small toggle switch, and wire it to the backside of the momentary pushbutton switch.

Edit: Just looked... the left analog joystick will be harder to do... as you will have to desolder the left trigger before you can solder wires to the switch. The right analog joystick, however, is easily accessable.

I am just curious ... but how teh fuck do you know all of this? I'm jealous lol. unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users