• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Asmotron

Asmotron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:14 AM

I'm feeling rather n00bish right now. Everything was going great on my mod, I put a 80 gig drive in (seagate) to see how things would work, and they worked great. I could get to the normal Xbox dash, play DVD's, everything.

I upgraded to a 200 gig drive (also seagate) and even tho Configmagic and the X3 bios says that my drive is lockable, and locked, I cannot get to the MS dash. I get error 21 every time. Also, I cannot play a DVD from my EvoX dash.

My questions are mainly:

1. Should I be able to play a DVD on the modded Xbox from the EvoX dash? Any idea why I cant? Or do I -need- to boot to the normal Xbox bios/dash to get DVD playback?

2. Any idea why I'm still getting error 21 even after following the ConfigMagic directions and being told the drive is locked? My stock drive still works fine, as does the 80 gig.

Thanks in advance folks. smile.gif

#2 mearemikemoo

mearemikemoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:17 AM

There is a dongle free DVD player, dont remember the name, you can find it in the usuall place :/

#3 Asmotron

Asmotron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (mearemikemoo @ Nov 8 2004, 06:20 AM)
There is a dongle free DVD player, dont remember the name, you can find it in the usuall place :/

Thanks, I think I found some I can give a shot with. We'll see what happens. I'm not toooo concerned with the HD thing, since I don't plan on playing on live, and if I do I'll just swap drives (no biggie). Still, any help on the drive issue would rock!

#4 Asmotron

Asmotron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:33 PM

Quick bump to see if anyone has any suggestions on the HD/MS dash problem on this fantastic Monday. tongue.gif

#5 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:39 PM

Well, Error 21 isn't a locking issue.
Sounds like there is some problem with your MS Dashboard files and/or your Evox.ini.

If you recently upgraded your HD, did you transfer over your C drive, or use something like SlaYers to reinstall.

There is a setting in Evox.ini that will let you 'AutoRun' DVD movies. All it does is recognize that it is a DVD movie and start the DVDX2.0 program. Otherwise, you just have to put the disc in and start DVDX2.0. There may also be an error in Evox.ini where it tells it to look for the MS Dashboard.

How is your system modded? Is it chipped? TSOP? Dashboard?... This info will help troublesoot.

#6 Asmotron

Asmotron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:16 PM

Ahh, well, now I know 21 isn't locking, that actually helps a ton. biggrin.gif

I transferred the C: and E: off the 80 gig (originally off the stock drive) I had in previous to the 200 gig (backed up to PC via FTP, and then back to the 200 gig via FTP). I suppose the right thing to do would be to grab my original .xbe and the like from the stock drive. I'll give that a shot when I get home, if that doesn't do it I'll mess with some ini action. In other news, I nuked my Burnout 3 save game in the process. sad.gif Anyway.

The system is modded with an X3 chip running the X3 bios and the latest EvoX dash.

Thanks Juggler, you gave me some stuff to play with when I get home tonight. Any other ideas/suggestions are still welcome. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users