8 replies to this topic

#1 Vedette

Vedette

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:00 AM

I have a v1.6b, i didnt back up my EEPROM, im a dumbass.

i messed up the hard drive and i just keep getting a #16 error (failed to boot to dash). i tried doing a softmod and it went wrong, im not used to the 1.6bs.

i tried the UDE for the softmod...which i guess was my mistake.

is there anyway to recover this xbox? i have a spare 30GB hard drive laying around that i could use, but there is no chip in this xbox.

i do have a 1.3 with an xecuter 2.2pro. when i put the retail hdd from the 1.6 in the 1.3, i get an Error #6 (Locked HDD).
so i tried booting up with my normal hdd for the 1.3 in the 1.3 with the slayers install disc. once booted, i switched the hard drives, then i UNLOCKED the 1.6b's retail. but i still get the error code #6.

can anyone help me out? even just getting this back to its virgin state would be a bunch of help!

##########

edit: Is there anyway to save this xbox if i do not have the EEPROM for it? Ill install another hard drive or whatever it takes. I really dont want to have thrown out $220.

##########

Edited by Vedette, 08 November 2004 - 07:45 AM.

#2 tullm

tullm

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:32 AM

Hi!

1. Do you have a backup of the eeprom on the xbox hd?
2. Can you still boot up retail games in that box?

Yes ist was the UDE for newer boxes u have to use UDE2 or better UXE.

regards

tullm

#3 Vedette

Vedette

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:42 AM

No to both the questions

#4 dimmellee

dimmellee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

Did you install the 4920 dashboard from slayers? If so then the kernel wont let u run the 4920 dashboard hence the error 16. You need to find a copy of the latest dashboard to restore your box, and then softmod with uxe.

I have cured this problem , heres how i did it.Bought a crystal 1.6 from game, took it home, used 007 to ftp in and copy the c drive to my pc, took it back to the shop and said didnt want it, (Thanks game, love your money back gaurantee), wrote a dvd with the dashboard files on it. Then put the twoboxes back to back with the hard drives removed from the cases but still plugged in, u can slightly loosen the ide cables to enable a faster easier hotswap. Power up the modded box and go into boxplorer, put the dashboard dvd in the modded box, select drive d.
POwer up the 1.6 box, as soon as u hear the drive spin up (just as the animination starts to fade) pull out the ide cable from it and hotswap the hard drives.
It has to be then because otherwise the kernel detects the dashboard is incorrect and locks the drive quick, i think, any way later than this and the hard drive is locked again.

Now select drive c in boxplorer and u r in the 1.6 hard drive, wipe it and copy over the dashboard files from the dvd to the now blank c drive, when done power down both boxes and put em back together , enjoy.

#5 tullm

tullm

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:09 AM

- right, tha must do it!

Edited by tullm, 08 November 2004 - 09:16 AM.

#6 Vedette

Vedette

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (dimmellee @ Nov 8 2004, 10:08 AM)
Did you install the 4920 dashboard from slayers? If so then the kernel wont let u run the 4920 dashboard hence the error 16. You need to find a copy of the latest dashboard to restore your box, and then softmod with uxe.

I have cured this problem , heres how i did it.Bought a crystal 1.6 from game, took it home, used 007 to ftp in and copy the c drive to my pc, took it back to the shop and said didnt want it, (Thanks game, love your money back gaurantee), wrote a dvd with the dashboard files on it. Then put the twoboxes back to back with the hard drives removed from the cases but still plugged in, u can slightly loosen the ide cables to enable a faster easier hotswap. Power up the modded box and go into boxplorer, put the dashboard dvd in the modded box, select drive d.
POwer up the 1.6 box, as soon as u hear the drive spin up (just as the animination starts to fade) pull out the ide cable from it and hotswap the hard drives.
It has to be then because otherwise the kernel detects the dashboard is incorrect and locks the drive quick, i think, any way later than this and the hard drive is locked again.

Now select drive c in boxplorer and u r in the 1.6 hard drive, wipe it and copy over the dashboard files from the dvd to the now blank c drive, when done power down both boxes and put em back together , enjoy.

that sounds like its worth a shot.

instead of going out and buying another xbox...is there anywhere that i can get the files for the 1.6 dashboard? (such as a place like #xbins)?

mine is not the crystal, but its the new "Holiday Pack".

the mfg date is: 2004-09-16

i have a yellow power/eject cable, but i do have the toshiba samsung drive and the new seagate hard drive.

will the same dashboard files that you used work on mine?

#7 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:44 AM

Get the 5960 dash from Slayers 2.6

#8 Vedette

Vedette

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:49 AM

can i use the Slayer's C drive files? or do i have to use the C drive files from a virgin box?

wouldnt dimmelle have just got the Slayer's disc instead of going out and buying a new xbox?

Edited by Vedette, 08 November 2004 - 09:50 AM.

#9 dimmellee

dimmellee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:37 AM

No the only slayers I have got is the 4920 dashboard version, that definetly wont work on higher kernel boxes, the kernel refuses to load early dashboards.

I couldnt find the latest dashboards any where, but there are others here who know a lot more than i do, borrowing the box from a shop for a few hours was a lot easier for me.

Maybe someone else can point u in the right direction.

If there is a later 2.6 slayers with the 5960 dashboard on it, get that from the usual places and it will work. I cant check it out at the minute.

Edited by dimmellee, 08 November 2004 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users