Photo

Problems W/ Box, Any Way To Connect Hd To Pc?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nouseforotacon

nouseforotacon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:27 PM

Not exactly sure if this a newb question, but my Box has been f'd for around 6 months+ now. So, I'd say I'm a newb.

I tried soft modding with Evox and something along the way went terribly wrong. Since then my box will turn on, clock loop, and then enter a blue screen (after a long while) w/ FRAG.

Numerous people suggested to me that I try to get a mod-chip and that it might override some of the things screwed up in my system. I paid $65 for a Xenium Ice solderless, and to no avail, the chip did nothing for the system. Perhaps it's my installation or something. Question 1: Should a Xenium Ice solderless chip fix my problem?

I read the old guide on how to unlock and lock HDs from an X-Box. In the guide it said that there was no way to read the data off the HD on your PC. Question 2: Does this still ring true, or has someone come up with a way to get into your HD by connecting it to your PC? My logic is that if I could get into the faulty HD with my PC, I could copy over the proper files to fix my system.

Thanks for any help in advance. If you'd rather, you can send me a message @ nouseforotacon on AIM. I'd really like to try to do something with this machine before I decide to blow a couple hundred on a new machine + stuff.

-- Pierre

P.S. I believe my Box is a v1.0. The CD drive says it was manufactured in Apr. 2002, and the inside of my machine has pins, not holes, where the Xenium Ice is supposed to be placed on the board.

#2 nouseforotacon

nouseforotacon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

*bump*

I'm afraid no one will see this and be able to help me out because it got buried very quickly.

This another call for help, any input is appreciated.

Also, update: I tried to reattach my solderless Xenium Ice to the board again for another try. This time, the screw provided wasn't mounting the solderless adapter properly and the soldered LPC points were a real pain. In the process I snapped off one of the pins on the adapter. Please tell me there's an alternative to coughing up another $15 + s/h and paying for a new solderless adapter.

I SWEAR I HAVE THE WORST LUCK WITH MODDING SYSTEMS. sad.gif

#3 Modiller

Modiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:59 PM

once you get a xenium ice, you should have updated the OS then ftp into it. Reformating and installing the C/E partation would of fixed this, but you would of had to use the back up you were supposed to made in the first case of softmodding, or locate the files. That would of fixed it all. If your hd is unlocked you can put it into your pc and get acess to it, if its locked you wont be able to. Xenium OS will be able to unlock it. Why not solder the chip in? 1.0 installation is very straight forward and easy, check www.teamxodus.com for further details

#4 nouseforotacon

nouseforotacon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Modiller @ Nov 9 2004, 01:02 AM)
once you get a xenium ice, you should have updated the OS then ftp into it. Reformating and installing the C/E partation would of fixed this, but you would of had to use the back up you were supposed to made in the first case of softmodding, or locate the files. That would of fixed it all. If your hd is unlocked you can put it into your pc and get acess to it, if its locked you wont be able to. Xenium OS will be able to unlock it. Why not solder the chip in? 1.0 installation is very straight forward and easy, check www.teamxodus.com for further details

Anyone in the Philly area want to help me with this? tongue.gif I have neither the solder experience nor the patience to deal with my Box. I'd greatly appreciate physical help. I wouldn't rule out some amount of monetary compensation, if need be. I also travel home to the South of CT, if that helps.

So, if I get this straight, if I solder the chip in I should be able to bypass my problems with the Xenium OS? Once it's updated, I'll be able to FTP into it and fix what needs to be fixed? When I originally tried to install the chip solderless, the red led of the chip did come on, but the Box continued its loop, blue screen, FRAG process. Will soldering the chip in really help me bypass whatever is wrong with the Dash from the softmod and allow me to fix mistakes?

I just need a bit of clarity, but I think I understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users