3 replies to this topic

#1 antzerv

antzerv

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:41 PM

I tried to download from the xbox dvd-rom directly to my pc but the speed was to slow. ( approximately 50 kb/s with cute ftp ). I was said to try flash fxp. I tried it and the download was quicker, but it took too 10min to download 500mb of an xbox game to my pc. What is the usuall average speed of downloading?
The xbox is v1.1 with evov v3935 and is connected to the computer with a crossover cable. The network card of the computer is 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)

#2 seedyrom2003

seedyrom2003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:27 PM

usually the xbox will max out at about 10MBps sending something is based on the files that are there. For example, 700mb of small files will take a hell of a lot longer than say one file that is 700mb in size, thats just how it works.. im thinking it does because it needs to read each file and size then transfer. Check your wires and your card in your pc could be bad if it is continually slow.

#3 Accord

Accord

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:02 PM

my favorite ftp program, www.smartftp.com ... free dl too.

all i did was use a xover cable, configure the pc's nic, and ftp my brains out. i can typically transfer around 8000kbps, only if i don't have any other system processes running on my pc.

nortons disabled, no other file transfers in progress, no other applications running

#4 tutyet

tutyet

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:jhgjh
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:11 PM

have you got a firewall on your pc? if so you will need to open some ports!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users