9 replies to this topic

#1 mn_smurf

mn_smurf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:42 PM

YEah so i was wondering if i could put the regular xbox bios (the ones that come with the xbox) onto a modchip? the reason why i ask this is becuz i think my xbox's mobo (motherboard) some how lose those bios!!! i mean i take the modchip out of the xbox and nothing works, its almost like theres no bios, i dont get an error # or nothing, it just frags out and doesnt even start the green blob thing. i dont know what happened to it, im using a X-B.I.T modchip, I HAD EvoX M7 bios and Linux Cromwell and i think i ihad Xecuter and maybe X2 bios on the chip. Could you plz help me i have another xbox mobo but dont want to put all the stuff in that xbox. (reason: different Version) all i want to KNow is if i were to put regular xbox bios on the modchip could i play on xbox live and NOT get BANNED?
Thx for the help in advance.

#2 Unreal7000

Unreal7000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Breakin stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:06 PM

As far as I know you still won't be able to play on LIVE with a retail bios on a modchip.

#3 mn_smurf

mn_smurf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:51 PM

wELL then do yo uknow anything bout the mobo not having bios? i need to beable to play xbox live for HALO 12 but i dont think ill be able to unless i buy another xbox which would really suck.

#4 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:03 PM

of course you can just put the bios on the modchip, you just need to have the correct one for your xbox kernel version

#5 mn_smurf

mn_smurf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:48 AM

ARE you absolutly sure that this would work cuz i dont want to buy the starteer kit and get banned the first day. and how would i go bout finding the right bios for the kernal? and i have no idea what the "kernal" is or what a "kernal" means. so if you could plz explain those to me that would be great if there is stuff you cant sy give me a PM or IM me my AIM is AVBlueMan. Peace out yell, thx again for all the help. ONE more Q: if i have another XBOX (just whout the dvd yellow power cord and a completely wiped out hdd) could i put the modchip in and boot up EvoX through a boot disc and ftp to the hdd and put M$ dash back on the C drive? yes the hdd im talking bout is the retail one that came with the xbox.

#6 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Psilocybe @ Nov 9 2004, 12:06 AM)
of course you can just put the bios on the modchip, you just need to have the correct one for your xbox kernel version

This is correct. XBox Live checks for the bios. They can only tell you have a modchip if you are running a hacked bios. Run a stock bios - and the XBox looks stock - regardless of whether you boot the bios from the chip or from the TSOP on the motherboard.

BTW - other people have had to do this also. You aren't alone out there.

#7 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:53 PM

mn_smurf if you get banned from live it will have NOTHING to do with where the bios is running from, as long as the bios is completely stock (not bfm, hacked, etc) then you are safe from xbox live detecting any sort of modchip or anything. live only checks the bios found in ram.
however you could get banned from other purposes right now as MANY other people are

#8 Unreal7000

Unreal7000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Breakin stuff.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:08 PM

They are checking the size of people hard drives.
Plain and simple have an Xbox thats for modding and an Xbox for LIVE

Else you always run the risk.

#9 desertboy

desertboy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (ChrisF @ Nov 9 2004, 05:24 AM)
This is correct. XBox Live checks for the bios. They can only tell you have a modchip if you are running a hacked bios. Run a stock bios - and the XBox looks stock - regardless of whether you boot the bios from the chip or from the TSOP on the motherboard.

BTW - other people have had to do this also. You aren't alone out there.

I think the bios has a dofferent memory address depending whether it's loaded from the TSoP or from the LPC (29 wire homebrew mods look like the TSoP once installed they disable the TSoP then loads in it's place).

This is why if you have a bad TSoP flash you can't use a solderless LPC mod to reflash the TSoP. (Which I only found out after buying a solderless modchip and a bad flash grr)

M$ will know if you booting from an LPC mod or not but it's only the bios they check at the moment. I believe they were banning people with Halo 2 saves on their xbox (Because it had to be a pirate but that'll all change now of course.)

#10 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (desertboy @ Nov 9 2004, 02:47 PM)
I think the bios has a dofferent memory address depending whether it's loaded from the TSoP or from the LPC (29 wire homebrew mods look like the TSoP once installed they disable the TSoP then loads in it's place).

This is why if you have a bad TSoP flash you can't use a solderless LPC mod to reflash the TSoP. (Which I only found out after buying a solderless modchip and a bad flash grr)

M$ will know if you booting from an LPC mod or not but it's only the bios they check at the moment. I believe they were banning people with Halo 2 saves on their xbox (Because it had to be a pirate but that'll all change now of course.)

as stated, the bios is loaded into memory, this is what ms looks at

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users