#1 SAETNETA

SAETNETA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:50 PM

I just installed my X3... I can flash the M8 bios, but every time I've tried flashing any 1024 bios it hangs with about 25% of the status bar completed. I've tried flashing with banks 1 and 2 on and the rest off. I've also tried flashing with all banks off (2MB flash). I have no idea why it hangs. I can flash the 256 M8 bios to all sections of the chip -- but for some reason I can't flash a larger bios file. Any Ideas?

Daniel

#2 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:15 PM

I leave the switches at their default settings, have no probs flashing a 1MB bios from DVD...

#3 SAETNETA

SAETNETA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

Right -- I've tried flashing with the default settings via http, DVD, and Hard Drive. It recognizes the file -- the problem is that it hangs when I try to flash a 1024 KB Bios. Any other ideas?

#4 SAETNETA

SAETNETA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:41 PM

bump...

#5 CivicGuy03

CivicGuy03

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xboxes like crazy, playing electric guitar, basketball, football, girls, poker, Hondas. :D
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:22 AM

Mine randomly shuts off while it's erasing/flashing the bank(s). Read all the tuts on it, still does it.

#6 drunkenmonk

drunkenmonk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:To Ski or not to Ski....
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 November 2004 - 07:45 AM

Use the evox to try to flash the bios. Just a thought.

#7 CivicGuy03

CivicGuy03

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xboxes like crazy, playing electric guitar, basketball, football, girls, poker, Hondas. :D

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (drunkenmonk @ Nov 11 2004, 11:48 PM)
Use the evox to try to flash the bios. Just a thought.

Use "the evox" to flash the bios?? We're just trying to flash the chip first, the chips aren't even booting a BIOS yet, only Cromwell.

#8 drunkenmonk

drunkenmonk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:To Ski or not to Ski....
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:26 PM

He said he could flash the m8 bios. Use that to load evox and flash with the x3 bios. Thats what i ment to say. rolleyes.gif

#9 CivicGuy03

CivicGuy03

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

No, he said he cannot flash the m8 bios, it hangs up. Thus erasing the bank, and leaving you with a FRAG.

#10 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 08:41 PM

just installed my X3... I can flash the M8 bios

tongue.gif

#11 CivicGuy03

CivicGuy03

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:40 PM

I just installed my X3... I can flash the M8 bios, but every time I've tried flashing any 1024 bios it hangs with about 25% of the status bar completed.

All it did was erase the current bank, and did not complete the writing part of the flash process. Read the whole first sentence next time dumbass.

#12 SAETNETA

SAETNETA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:06 AM

I was able to flash a 256KB M8 bios -- the problem lied in that I couldn't flash any bios larger than this size. When I contacted the manufacturer (modchipman) they said it was a common problem. ??? Anyway, I rma'd the chip.

#13 Withinside

Withinside

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Mechanics, Scripting, Computers, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:55 AM

I've had the same flashing problems as you. Progress went to 25-50% and hung. So I flashed it with X2 4977 (previous matrix install) booted evox tried to flash but didnt work until I added to evox.ini (Flash = 0x01AD,"XECUTER 3",0x100000) but it still fragged when trying to boot from a >1024k bank. I did get M8 to work though, but what the hell is it for? So I resoldered my LPC ( thread ) and presto! X3 config live was on the screen. Then I changed my video settings and had more probs, but thats another story, hope this helps. biggrin.gif

#14 AgentEB

AgentEB

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (SAETNETA @ Nov 8 2004, 05:53 PM)
I just installed my X3... I can flash the M8 bios, but every time I've tried flashing any 1024 bios it hangs with about 25% of the status bar completed. I've tried flashing with banks 1 and 2 on and the rest off. I've also tried flashing with all banks off (2MB flash). I have no idea why it hangs. I can flash the 256 M8 bios to all sections of the chip -- but for some reason I can't flash a larger bios file. Any Ideas?

Daniel

are you flashing the chip with the right bios from the rar file? if you have a 1.6 xbox you have to flash it with the 16 bios. if not, flash with the regular 1957. make sure you rename the file to bios.bin. just rename as bios cause window's already knows it a bin file

#15 SAETNETA

SAETNETA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:13 AM

Yeah, I was flashing with the newest X3 Bios -- not the 16 because I have a v1.1 box. While I did rename the bios to bios.bin -- there's no need to do this when flashing from HTTP or your HD.

With regards to the resoldering of the LPC's on pins 13 and 14... I was wondering if a bad solder would prohibit you from flashing a 1024KB bios or if a bad solder would only prohibit you from entering X3 config live (since config live requires LPC's 13 and 14).

I guess it boils down to which LPC's are used to flash the bios -- and if there are different LPC's used to flash different portions of the bios. ie-- 256KB bios vs a 1024KB bios.

If there are indeed different LPC's required to flash a 1024 bios then it is a possibility that my LPC's were bad... but if the flashing requires the same LPC's for both a 256KB flash and a 1024KB flash then my chip was simply defective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users