6 replies to this topic

#1 GhostFaced

GhostFaced

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:31 PM

Hey,
Long time reader - first time poster. A few weeks ago I read about the recent bannings so I took my box on live with my chip off and took all necessary precautions with my 60 GB HD. Went on and played on and off for the next week or so. Didn't get banned.

Now I'm reading all these posts about these new bannings. I still have my stock HD (modded though with slayers evox CD) though. Should I just stick my stock one in there and hope for the best? What about MS taking down your eeprom and HD SN for future reference? Would they have recorded the SN off my 60 GB HD while I was on live and compare it to the SN of my stock HD?

Help me out as I'm going to pick up Halo 2 in an hour. Lemme know if I should try my luck with the large HD or the modded stock HD?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by GhostFaced, 09 November 2004 - 04:32 PM.

#2 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:36 PM

my stock hd still does the job for me. im not into all that case modding, i barely ever have my cover on. i just change the drives when i wanna go on live and its also a good reminder to turn off the chip. wink.gif

#3 akiraflux

akiraflux

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:01 PM

hadn't been on live for weeks. threw in OEM drive last night and turned modchip off completely. played a game or two of halo2 and this morning i'm banned! yay!

#4 GhostFaced

GhostFaced

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

hey akiraflux, did you slayer your oem back so it was completely stock or was it completely stock already?

Maybe I'll be safe if I slayer my oem back to completely stock? Anybody?

#5 crzdmniac

crzdmniac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:37 PM

Notice what akira said there
threw in OEM drive last night
well of course if you CHANGE the hard drive from the one you signed up for live with you will be banned.

#6 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (crzdmniac @ Nov 10 2004, 04:40 AM)
well of course if you CHANGE the hard drive from the one you signed up for live with you will be banned.

Up until tonight, just changing HDDs was not enough to get you banned. Seems to me like now it is...

#7 Fofer

Fofer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (dzv @ Nov 9 2004, 07:25 PM)
Up until tonight, just changing HDDs was not enough to get you banned. Seems to me like now it is...

Well no - what M$ is comparing is the HD you had installed when you first signed up to XBL (or at some point months ago, mebbe when XBL 2.0 came out?) to the HD you have installed today. If they don't match - you are banned.

So, basically if you would have just left your upgraded HD in there and not swapped back to the original, you wouldn't be banned today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users