• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 av02

av02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:39 PM

Hello all. have now got the xbox and pc ftp'd together and tried to patch a game for the first time. In each of the cases listed below, after avalaunch gave the 'please wait while launching xxxxxxx' msg, the xbox then reboots and starts the avalaunch menu again.
method 1 : got XIII on xbox hard drive. copied 'default.xbe' from games folder onto my pc desktop. autopatched with qwix - created 'default.bak' file on desktop. ftp'd back to XIII folder on xbox. No joy. Removed original default.xbe from XIII folder and put it out of the way on the E drive. No joy. Renamed default.bak to default.xbe. No joy. Renamed again as defaultunpatched.xbe. No joy. Left it named as this, and brought original default.xbe back from E drive into the game folder. No joy. !!!
Method 2 : found a tut' for using a hex editor somewhere. Got copy of default.xbe onto desktop. Used a hex editor to alter the small bit of script from 7D to EB. called it defaultunpatched.xbe and sent back into XIII folder on xbox. No joy. Sent original default.xbe from XIII folder to E drive. No joy.
Method 3: methods 1 & 2 combined !! Had original default.xbe, defaultunpatched.xbe(after hex editing) and default.bak (from qwix) all in the XIII folder. Still won't go.
HELP!!!
Am I missing an obvious step ? is there a setting to alter in Avalaunch?
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

#2 homelesschicken

homelesschicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:45 PM

Try using dvd2xbox to save it to the hdd. If im not mistaken, it autopatches games.

#3 av02

av02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:13 PM

sounds good. Will download that and try it !!
Also, the tut for using the hex editor mentioned that isocraxton works every time. Will try that too.

Cheers!!

#4 _InFeRnO_

_InFeRnO_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:32 PM

Craxtion will also do the job for you smile.gif

#5 av02

av02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:55 PM

Nice one. Have got both dvd2xbox and craxtion onto a jump drive while at work, and will install onto pc and give em a try hopefully tonite.
I have XIII and several other games already on the xbox HD ready to patch. Would you guys recommend attempting to patch the xbe files already there, or deleting all and trying from scratch with the original dvd's ?
Both sets of tut's I have found start from scratch, but going from existing files already on the hd would probably be quicker.

Cheers!

#6 av02

av02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:59 PM

not got round to using those two programs-busy with work etc. Any other ideas anyone?

#7 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:08 PM

Edit: Sorry, didnít fully read his post. Qwix didnít work for him.

Edited by Xombe, 16 November 2004 - 06:10 AM.

#8 av02

av02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:01 PM

Ermmmm.........yeah. As you will see in my original post, Qwix didn't work. Thanks, though.
Craxtion 4 did the business, guys. Thanks for all YOUR help !!
Got dvd2xbox onto my desktop, and then ftp'd it straight into my apps folder in my F drive. No icon in apps menu. Then looked in file manager and it was there alright, but doesn't have a default.xbe file to launch with. Am I missing something here, or have I just not downloaded the full menu??
Do I have to create a file of some sort to get this to work?
To be honest with you, more than happy to patch as I go via craxtion 4 , but dvd2xbox would have been a neater solution as I wouldn't have had to go near the pc.
As ever, any and all suggestions gratefully accepted, and thanks again to all of you who sussed this one for me.

#9 av02

av02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:33 AM

okay, turns out I had the source code for dvd2xbox. Find the executable file on the net and ftp'd it over. Worked first time, with Halo 2 !!
Well pleased.
Thanks again for all your input.

PLEASE CLOSE !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users