• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 herbehop

herbehop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:42 PM

Having a problem with my evox when im playing halo....just noticed it due the the buttons used in the game during play...this isnt specific to this game....

I have my IGR in the settings set to OFF.

when Im holding both triggers in and i click down on both analogs the game resets...

Does anyone know how to fix this problem??

Thanks in advance

ps...

bios... M8
evox v+393

Edited by herbehop, 11 November 2004 - 12:27 AM.

#2 adub0531

adub0531

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:43 AM

im having the exact same problem... its really irritating and also have no idea how to do it...

Edited by adub0531, 11 November 2004 - 12:44 AM.

#3 hickster

hickster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:14 AM

Interesting, I have the same problem.

I re-flashed my Xenium ICE with the M8 with IGR support so that pressing L,R,Back,Start resets the games - works like a charm.

After reading your posts I tested the L,R,L-Click, R-Click and sure enough, my XBOX resets using this combo as well.

I also have IGR turned off in the Evox settings.

I was playing around with EvTool but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable the second combo - it booted me out of a Halo game too.

Anybody have any idea?

Cheers

Edited by hickster, 11 November 2004 - 01:38 AM.

#4 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:52 AM

From the changelog:

* Removed thumbs + triggers IGR.

So re-patch the bios and flash again..

#5 adub0531

adub0531

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

and how would i go about doing that? (the re-patching part)

#6 kr428

kr428

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:04 PM

I have not tried this...but you should just be able to change the buttons that controll IGR in the evox.ini file. extract it via ftp, change the buttons to whatever you want under IGR and save the file, then ftp it back to your xbox. Should just be that easy biggrin.gif

#7 hickster

hickster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:23 PM

Here's a little history of my problem and how I fixed it:

I always play my games from the hard drive and getting up off my lazy a$$ to reset the XBOX to exit a game was a real pain. Sad but true.

Anyway, I read that using IGR from within the Evox dashboard was problematic so I set IGR to "NO" in evox.ini and decided to use IGR from the BIOS.

The standard Evox M8_16.BIN does not have IGR. So I downloaded a hacked BIOS that supported IGR and LBA48. Re-flashed and that worked great. I pressed (L,R,Back & Start) and that brought me back to the dashboard.

Now the Problem, while playing Halo 2 off my hard drive, my XBOX suddenly booted me back to the Evox Dashboard. I Was dual-wielding at the time and it appears I hit (L,R,L-Click, R-Click) at the same time. Sure enough, after some testing, I found that was the case. The Hacked Evox M8_16 bios I
downloaded supported both IGR button combos. That was not good, in my opinion, it's way too easy to accidentally hit the (L,R,L-Click, R-Click) combo while playing Halo or Halo 2.

So, I downloaded EvTool, opened up the Standard M8_16.BIN bios file, simply clicked "Save as.." and VOILA!. I re-flashed and now my IGR only works with the (L,R,Back,Start) button Combo. I guess simply opening the standard M8_16.BIN file and saving it without really modifying anything added the IGR feature.

If any of the experts out there see anything wrong with my methodology or reasoning, by all means set me straight...I hope I haven't done anything too drastic.

Hope this helps other newbies who have the same problem! It worked for me! Now to test out a few more games......where'd I put that Battle Rifle...?

Cheers

#8 enigmata

enigmata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

just a clarification, does anyone know what the difference between IGR method compatible and quick are?

#9 DLM

DLM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:57 PM

...maybe it's just a feature bungi added into halo 2?

like the soft reset used on many psx games?

#10 adub0531

adub0531

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

So, I downloaded EvTool, opened up the Standard M8_16.BIN bios file, simply clicked "Save as.." and VOILA!. I re-flashed and now my IGR only works with the (L,R,Back,Start) button Combo. I guess simply opening the standard M8_16.BIN file and saving it without really modifying anything added the IGR feature.

where can i download EVTools? is it on xbins? and where is teh Standard M8_16.bin bios file?

#11 enigmata

enigmata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:27 AM

I tried using EVTools to update the bios file, but it didn't work since I'm using PBL-Metoo on my softmod. It uses a hacked M8 BFM bios, and 1.0.9 (the one that removes the code) isn't working for it yet.

Is there anything to do for us softmod users but to wait for another release of PBL-Metoo and the hacked version of EVTools?

#12 enigmata

enigmata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:48 AM

nm, I've found a solution

using pbl metoo 1.4, convert it to bfm and transfer it over to the Xbox. Fixes the igr combo with the two thumbsticks.

#13 adub0531

adub0531

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 03:53 PM

nevermind, i fixed it... thanks, all i did was just re-install evo with metoo 1.4.1, now it resets with just both triggers and back/start

Edited by adub0531, 13 November 2004 - 02:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users