4 replies to this topic

#1 ub2slw

ub2slw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:50 AM

Well I've made some promising progress with my 400gb and discovered some intersting things.

I'm using m8 on a x2.3lite and checked "ignore hard drive partition table" under evtool because I wanted to spilt the F:\ and G:\ drive evenly with xbpartitioner (is this correct? I was just assuming)

I used slayers 2.5 to format for a RETAIL drive then used an custom Exox bootdisc with xbpartitioner on it to split the drive f:\195gb g:\195gb and formated with 32k cluster size. But after rebooting, Slayers displayed as ALL F:\ (391gb) FINE...so I re-formatted with xbpartitioner as all F:\ with 32k cluster size. I ftp'd in copied over evox 3935, XBMC and made a Games directory (all on F:\) I filled the drive until there was 50gb of free space...everything was operating which is the most progress I've made so far with these 400's. Feeling confident i loaded Slayers 2.6 to install all the dash and programs...after it finished installing i rebooted and it stopped on the "X" logo splash screen and I could hear the drive trying to read: GURRRT GURRRT GURRRT....GURRRT GURRRT GURRRT....GURRRT GURRRT GURRRT....

Intersting enough I could still FTP in with the "X" logo still been displayed...i'd click on the F:\ folder, then delete and the dash would IMEADIAETLY come up.

So...

How can I split the drive with xbpartitioner 195gb f:\ and 195gb g:\ when my Evox Boot disc, slayers 2.5 and 2.6 show either F:\391gb or F:\128 & G:\262gb. Is there a way to force 195/195

#2 Sac2K4

Sac2K4

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:MODS!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:15 AM

Try doing it all with FTP... no slayers... and also... you could try Firefuckers X-disk.... try that shit out... tell us he results

#3 ub2slw

ub2slw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Sac2K4 @ Nov 11 2004, 06:18 AM)
Try doing it all with FTP... no slayers... and also... you could try Firefuckers X-disk.... try that shit out... tell us he results

what's Firefuckers X-disk?

After I format with xbpartitioner and reboot the evox dash loads from E:\ and won't show the f:\195gb & g:\195

#4 Sac2K4

Sac2K4

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:MODS!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:26 AM

rewrite the evox.ini try shit out like that.... and firefuckers is a slayers evox alternative... ou can get from the usual places

#5 ub2slw

ub2slw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Sac2K4 @ Nov 11 2004, 06:29 AM)
rewrite the evox.ini try shit out like that.... and firefuckers is a slayers evox alternative... ou can get from the usual places

how would rewriting the evox.ini help the partition table being read by evox as ANYTHING but 195gb/195gb?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users