• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TGreen

TGreen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:47 AM

Hey I was wondering it someone could help me. I have searched the fourms and read the tuts and haven't really found what I am looking for. I want to take a controller and paint the top white and the bottom chrome. What I am wondering is should I also use a clear coat on the white and chrome. I hear if I use a clear coat on the chrome that it might dull it to a gray silver color. Also I plan on using Krylon Fusion for the white, but do they have a chorme coloring?

#2 holyfrickster07

holyfrickster07

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:28 AM

well what you want to do is find a tutorial about how to dissasemble the duke or the s controllers then gut it out(take everything out) and there is a top piece and a bottom piece to the controller case then paint the top white and the bottom chrome. and i would recommend putting a clear coat on

#3 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:05 AM

krylon fusion isnt supposed to need a clearcoat i think and i dunno bout the chrome.

#4 crewdude55

crewdude55

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:38 PM

krylon fusion will eventually rub off due to the sweat on your hands... use clear coat

#5 thejt

thejt

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:26 PM

One major problem.... there is no such thing as usable chrome paint. Its all decorative.

Dont believe me.. spray on a test sample. Let dry then handle it. Youll notice that it turns grey as you touch it. Also you cannot clearcoat these cheap ass chrome paints either.. again spray some.. let dry.. then try to apply clearcoat. It will just turn grey on you!

#6 BobBrkersMyHero

BobBrkersMyHero

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (thejt @ Nov 11 2004, 12:29 PM)
One major problem.... there is no such thing as usable chrome paint. Its all decorative.

Dont believe me.. spray on a test sample. Let dry then handle it. Youll notice that it turns grey as you touch it. Also you cannot clearcoat these cheap ass chrome paints either.. again spray some.. let dry.. then try to apply clearcoat. It will just turn grey on you!

exactly!! chrome paint is impossible to work with

#7 dcmander

dcmander

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:54 PM

I totally dissected my 2 controller S controllers without looking at any tuts and it was pretty easy and straightforward. it isn't too hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users