1 reply to this topic

#1 Desotron

Desotron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:32 AM

I need to have LBA48 support (all to part6) and M8+ has this

But I have an X-Chip, and now i'm confused by the nameing for this.

I got two files from xbins:

EvoX_X-CHIP_BIOS_V1.2.rar
EvolutionX M8plus Bios.rar

I know the differrence between m8_16 and the regular m8. It's just, theres two differrent things I can put on my chip, and they apparently require two differrent ways to use them.

A little help on flashing the m8 bios to my x-chip would be great, the documentation was pretty flat on explaining how to flash it correctly.

It was difficult to get it set up at first (used the xchip bios 1.2) and had to flash it a differrent way than what the software manual for X-Control said.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:11 PM

I've never had an X-Chip before but did you know there is an X-Chip forum down below, it might help to read the pinned topics on there.

On a side note dont flash the 1.6/b version on a 1.0-1.5 version (read nfo in notepad it will tell you) or if you have a 1.6 flash the M8_16+ bios.

If not then X-Chip should be your bios, doesn't X-Chip have a setup menu, i thought you could enable LBA48 in this, read up on it since i've never used the X-Chip OS.

If you have a 1.6/b you will need to flash the M8_16+ bios since I don't think the latest X-Chip bios supports the 1.6 hardware, in this case use EvoTool to modify M8_16+.

http://home.alltel.n...shd/evtool.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users