jenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:33 PM

first sorry for the bad english unsure.gif blink.gif sad.gif

take a vigin box(read new!!)

cut both power cables of your hard disc cut your cable of d0

you need a 3 port ide cable en extra power plugs.

put in a extra hard disc (leave the hd case out and place plasic between xbox en both hd's remove the metal upper case(the one in the top of the xbox) fixe both hd's( so yhat they stil can cool(like a stair)

take a switch for 3 switches.

switch up power to normal hd end NO d0

switch down power the extra hd with all thing like evox games etc. and switch on D0

Tried with 4 boxen with duo-x2 and all still running, this is only for 1 day(so what is 1 day sad.gif sad.gif )

I hope people will try this and give some backup here

again sorry for the bad english en i hope its clear...

Edited by jenz, 12 November 2004 - 12:35 PM.

#2 comtech

comtech

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 01:11 PM

great beerchug.gif
it work here
thanks jenz

#3 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 November 2004 - 03:32 PM

Yes, this will work. It is one solution. But it introduces the hassle of having to swap you game profiles from one HDD to another. Not a huge hassle, but a hassle nonetheless.

#4 PeterMagician

PeterMagician

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (jenz @ Nov 12 2004, 01:36 PM)
first sorry for the bad english unsure.gif blink.gif sad.gif

take a vigin box(read new!!)

cut both power cables of your hard disc cut your cable of d0

you need a 3 port ide cable en extra power plugs.

put in a extra hard disc (leave the hd case out and place plasic between xbox en both hd's remove the metal upper case(the one in the top of the xbox) fixe both hd's( so yhat they stil can cool(like a stair)

take a switch for 3 switches.

switch up power to normal hd end NO d0

switch down power the extra hd with all thing like evox games etc. and switch on D0

Tried with 4 boxen with duo-x2 and all still running, this is only for 1 day(so what is 1 day sad.gif sad.gif )

I hope people will try this and give some backup here

again sorry for the bad english en i hope its clear...

Sry but can someone "translate" this for me? this could be the solution of the XBL banning problem. Use one unmodified stock hdd for xbl, one modded(XBL not installed) for homebrew. If there is nothing to find on that HDD, MS can do NOTHING.

#5 sjefke

sjefke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:25 AM

i have try this and it looks to works fine, i have played a few games from original disc and large hd the switch turns the chip down because the d0 is gone so you can't go on live with large hd en the virgin disc is only for live. the theorie of te marriage and also the LPC (because i think that the chip can't be seen without d0)theorie are both in this hack, i dont know witch one save XBL but ik looks it works like a charm.. the 2 disc fith is verry close...But with some pressure its fits.

specs

1.6 xbox
duo-x2 chip
retail disc
200 gb maxtor disc
ide cable with for 3 ide
switch for 3

played: online and offline:
halo2
ninja gaiden
burnout3
gp2

so far no problems.

Tnx sjefke

ps. also no good english because i'am dutch

#6 wolf137

wolf137

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:56 AM

i really dont understand wut jenz is saying because i dont know how to mod and xbox (my friend did it for me), but is he trying to block power to the chip or something? but if i take my modchip out, will i get unbanned or something?

#7 sjefke

sjefke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:28 AM

i've just take my "old" xbox with a new eeprom and a new hd (retail) it works fine, put the chip back (duo-x2) with a large hd and put in a switch(hd power and d0) same as above, it stil looks like that this is solving the problem, i don't know if its the easyst way but it seems to work (for now) played all games again from retail hd and large hd and i have no problem.

anyone can confirm this way if are there problems with this "hack" (the jenz hack)??

I can't reply all the complains from all the people witch xboxes that i have modded and want to be save..

specs

1.2 xbox
duo-x2 chip
retail disc
120 gb WD disc
ide cable with for 3 ide
switch for 3

played: online and offline:
halo2
ninja gaiden
burnout3
gp2

so far no problems.

Greetz Sjefke

Edited by sjefke, 13 November 2004 - 01:33 AM.

#8 sjefke

sjefke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:15 AM

modded 3th box like this and it seems also to works fine, please anyone confirm this?????

#9 sjefke

sjefke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:26 AM

modded 4th box and now i go to sleep... again no problems.... is this the future for 100% SAFE LIVE with a modchip????

i wonder why no one try this, it looks to works 100%

Sleep well Sjefke.

#10 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:05 AM

if i'm reading this right, this is the same idea i had on the 9th. not trying to take credit because i dont believe its the "cure all" and its just combining 2 mods together. here is the link plus i have a diagram.

if he is talking the same thing that i am, then you would take a 3 pole double throw switch. on one side you would wire the d0 point from the chip, as well as the red and yellow wire from the modded drive. the center post would have the d0 point to the motherboard and the red and yellow wires to the psu. on the last pin you would just have the red and yellow wire going to the stock drive.

when you switch one way, you enable the d0 and mod drive. switch the other way you disable the d0 and enable the stock drive. this would work under the "marriage" theory.

although if dzv is on with the lpc scan idea, then it wont. but remember, you have to start with a virgin box, or one that doesnt have a modded drive yet and isnt banned.

here is the link to the thread i had.

#11 teknow

teknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:30 AM

Is the "Jenz/Mrjkwik Hack" the same... if so, i'm assuming this alleviates the lpc port which i have definitely concluded from a anti-marriage theory test, is the culprit.

I think I understand Mrjkwik's post much better than Jenz, so if this is correct, is the term for the part technically called the "three pole double throw switch"

This looks hot, i'm betting in combinations with a marriage theory = new eeprom, new gt, new hdd, it will work. I'm definittely about to try it. I'd absolutely post results.

Please update frequently on your status

edit: damn sure looks like a cure all based upon lpc problems, least till they start scanning hard drives for space definitely for files maybe.. think that makes sense

edit2: forgot to give my specs
v1.0
160 gb drive
slayer stealth 2.6
xenium ice solderless - lpc port adapter
banned originally, with some dirt on E:
eeprom with cleaner but still dirty E: accident
banned 8 hours or less early (slept a bit)_
gave up, bought used blockbuster console

I'm so excite if this hack fixes it, even for just a few months

by the way I would just run the second external if possible, or both, no more cutting on my poor case you know

Edited by teknow, 13 November 2004 - 03:56 AM.

#12 sjefke

sjefke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:17 PM

@mrjkwik

i've stolen your picture and i put it on a dutch board.

oke?

sjefke

#13 sjefke

sjefke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:28 AM

i have (re)modded 10+ boxes now this way and all seem to works fine biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

Edited by sjefke, 15 November 2004 - 01:29 AM.

#14 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:42 AM

no prob.

yes, i believe my explanation and jenz is essentially the same. just as he stated, "bad english". no offense.

there has been nothing to support whether this truly safeguards or not, but is just an extra step of precaution if you are gonna have a dual drive set up.

i've had other ideas, just not sure how they all work. if i get some of them ironed out and think they'll work, i'll add them in. for now, i dont wanna state 1/2 truths and "unknown facts".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users