Photo

How Do I Use A Hdd Thats Bigger Than 120 Gb?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 irving30

irving30

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 04:45 PM

Hi all, i just got back into modding my box and i've noticed alot of people talking about Drives that are 200GB in size installed in thier xbox and they can use it all. is this true? and if so, how can i do this? is it a bios update? thanks.

#2 mdfirefighter

mdfirefighter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:06 PM

Get an x2 bios that has .06 or .67 on the end. They have LBA48 support.

MDFF

#3 irving30

irving30

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:15 PM

thanks for the info. i have evox bios 6 now, will there be any difference in how my dashboard works or will there be no change?

#4 mdfirefighter

mdfirefighter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

Shouldn't be, I changed mine and it was the same. I don't know if the evox bios uses renamed xboxdash or not. X2 doesn't so just make sure you read up on them before you flash.

beerchug.gif

MDFF

#5 irving30

irving30

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

ok, thanks alot.

#6 saintirish

saintirish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:59 PM

I am also interested in buying a 200 GB HD for my xbox. Is there an easy way to install this?? By this quesiton I mean, can I burn the newest version of Slayer to a CD, and just install the HD and Slayer will make it work? I don't care about backing up my old HD or anything like that. I just want a fresh new BIG HD to work in my Xbox. If it isn't as simple as what I am asking, then what is the simplest way to do it? I can't find any pinned articles that talk about this and the tutorials seem out of date and overly difficult being as that I don't care about backing up my old HD.

#7 irving30

irving30

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:10 PM

Well, after you have installed a modchip and flashed it with the bios of your choice, then yes, i beleave that you can use the slayers disk to set the HDD up and install the dashboard of your choice on it. pretty easy now, when i first started, i had to place the files myself. its been a while and i figured i'd update my xbox.

#8 saintirish

saintirish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 07:37 PM

Ok, well, to be even more specific with my question, can I install a new HD with the Slayer disk without even FTPing to my Xbox. I want to be able to do it using only the cd. Possible or not?
Thanks

#9 ceborame

ceborame

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 09:27 PM

yeah you need slayers bootable disk called slayers evox auto installer version 2.6 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users