• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nikolz

nikolz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 02:43 PM

I am trying to copy all off my MP3s to my modded box to use them in Media Player, the problem is some of the filenames have weird characters in them and I'm trying to find out if there is an application out there that will automatically remove these characters or does anybody know which characters are supported and what the maximum filename length is (64/128??)

HELP . . . . blink.gif

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 February 2003 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (nikolz @ Feb 12 2003, 10:43 AM)
I am trying to copy all off my MP3s to my modded box to use them in Media Player, the problem is some of the filenames have weird characters in them and I'm trying to find out if there is an application out there that will automatically remove these characters or does anybody know which characters are supported and what the maximum filename length is (64/128??)

HELP . . . . blink.gif

There is at least one application to rename files for use on the Xbox... xbrenamer.

Look around for it.

#3 wolfie

wolfie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:11 PM

I analyzed responses from FTP and posted results here:
http://forums.xbox-s...=30&t=23854&hl=

Check this thread. I wrote an app specifically for renaming files to ftp to an xbox
http://forums.xbox-s...f=8&t=23918&hl=

There is also a xrename from jsm. Do a search here for username of jsm. He posted links to download it recently.

#4 nikolz

nikolz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:01 AM

rolleyes.gif Cheers, ended up with XRename v3.3 but I think it only supports upto 10000 files and I have around 30000 to sort through, have to split those damn MP3s up!

Thanks again!

NiKolZ©

#5 wolfie

wolfie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:22 PM

Well, my FATXrename util will handle 39,000+ files. Thats the biggest folder of mp3's i have and it whisped through them no problem. The newest version (soon to be released) also spits out a BATch file that will restore them to their original names for when you return the files to a PC. This will facilitate using the xbox as a practical transport device.

I am working on getting code written for my new web site (www.xbox-web.com) so when I have time I will add the file to the download section there.

#6 nikolz

nikolz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:04 PM

beerchug.gif Sounds perfect, any idea when it would be, roughly?

#7 wolfie

wolfie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 07:34 PM

Hopefully this weekend. Still need to do a dialog for naming but the code is done.

#8 nikolz

nikolz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 08:33 AM

Cheers Wolfie, all done now!

I also downloaded the games folder renamer, finaly I can stop doing it manually!!! blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users