• PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(hippo @ Feb 8 2005, 01:19 PM)
I TOLD YOU SO!

View Post

This doesnt mean though they cant fix it. And I already acknowledged that it might not be fixed long berofe the bios released. Its been submitted to the bug request so who knows.

Edit: from xecuter:

yes correct I forgot to edit the changelog - thanks

releasing lframe from ground works great in bios HOWEVER it was disabling mod on a soft reboot - so we disabled it until we got it working better. Thanks for the heads up.

most likly a lie but know that they admited it they shoudl in turn be required to fix it as alot of people were looking forward to it.

Edited by zikronix, 08 February 2005 - 03:04 PM.

#409 pb2themax

pb2themax

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Car and Home audio
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:05 AM

Does anybody have a pic of the completed mod. I want to be possitive that I cut and solder in the right places.

Also, what are you guys using to cut the trace?

#410 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:32 AM

I just used a exacto blade

#411 pb2themax

pb2themax

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(FoxRacR17 @ Feb 9 2005, 12:38 AM)
I just used a exacto blade

View Post

Yeah, I was thinking about trying that. I wasn't sure if it would cut deep enough, or wide enough to keep the circuit properly open.

#412 Bulan

Bulan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:06 AM

Just FYI:
The summary/mirror of this thread is updated with latest finding of new Xecuter BIOS.

http://xbox.bula.nu/...install_1.6.asp

beerchug.gif

#413 pb2themax

pb2themax

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(Bulan @ Feb 9 2005, 02:12 AM)
Just FYI:
The summary/mirror of this thread is updated with latest finding of new Xecuter BIOS.

http://xbox.bula.nu/...install_1.6.asp

beerchug.gif

View Post

Allright, thanks. There are so many pages on this thread. I wasn't sure if there was an updated diagram or summary of the final findings.

#414 crewx

crewx

Xecuter Staff

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(hippo @ Feb 4 2005, 10:19 PM)
A bios has no chance of fixing the D0 problem. This is called lying and it's exactly what X3 team does best... wait no that's price gouging they do best then right behind that is lying. Keep it straight.

It's possible that the bios could update the CPLD and if I was lying and saying that we were fixing the CPLD with a bios update that is the method that might pass some scruntiny. They on the other hand decide to lie about going into the CPLD code via the I2C bus and it's a funny joke. You should tell them X3 guys that if they make up a whooper they should try to use some facts or otherwise try to make some sense.

Pretty much keep in mind anyone releasing a bios that updated their CPLD code would not be able to release the bios public since the end users would basicly have the CPLD JED file and could easily make their own clone.

View Post

this is hilarious

1) of course we can control d0 / lframe with our bios/ X3 has always had d0/lframe control via software (note the option to reboot xbox with X3 disabled in the menu ??)

2) going into the cpld via the i2c bus is a funny joke ? i dont get you ? the cpld completely controls the x3's i2c bus - of course it does or else how would it work ?

3) the bios updating the cpld ??

are you high ? lol

Edited by Xecuter, 09 February 2005 - 04:11 PM.

#415 crewx

crewx

Xecuter Staff

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:51 PM

the problem we have is soft reboot is forcing the mod to disable the mod each time (as our bios communicates with the CPLD to release d0 / lframe from ground) we are looking into it further. we also fixed some other bugs today (game save cert key bug and custom partition table fix)

Edited by Xecuter, 09 February 2005 - 04:13 PM.

#416 crewx

crewx

Xecuter Staff

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(zikronix @ Feb 8 2005, 08:04 AM)

most likly a lie but know that they admited it they shoudl in turn be required to fix it as alot of people were looking forward to it.

View Post

oh come on why the hell would it be a lie - i get sick of comments like this freind - we work hard on this stuff and deliver every single time you can test yourself that d0/lframe gets released by the bios right now ( Boot X3 Disabled hack in X3 Config Live Menu)

we are just having some issues with softreboot and mod disable (after softreboot the dash wont launch).

I should also point out that we are not required to fix or add anything to any bios release - its a free peice of software that a number of people work on in their spare time free of charge. However we take users requests on board all the time and add what we can when we can - as proved time and time again.

We'll find a work around for this disable bullshit - and also in the meantime we will make an updated rebuild pcb just to curb the paranoia. the extra cost to us is about 0.05c so its hardly a big deal.

Edited by Xecuter, 09 February 2005 - 04:26 PM.

#417 agentash

agentash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:37 PM

I have installed my Xenium Blue on my 1.6 by rebuilding the LPC on the bottom of the board, including the alternative D0 there.

The image on http://xbox.bula.nu/...install_1.6.asp shows the top of the board. Should I still use these points to install the resistor and cut the trace shown, or should I use another trace?

Thanks for the help,

Ash

#418 zikronix

zikronix

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(Xecuter @ Feb 9 2005, 03:11 PM)
oh come on why the hell would it be a lie - i get sick of comments like this freind - we work hard on this stuff and deliver every single time you can test yourself that d0/lframe gets released by the bios right now ( Boot X3 Disabled hack in X3 Config Live Menu)

we are just having some issues with softreboot and mod disable (after softreboot the dash wont launch).

I should also point out that we are not required to fix or add anything to any bios release - its a free peice of software that a number of people work on in their spare time free of charge. However we take users requests on board all the time and add what we can when we can - as proved time and time again.

We'll find a work around for this disable bullshit - and also in the meantime we will make an updated rebuild pcb just to curb the paranoia. the extra cost to us is about 0.05c so its hardly a big deal.

View Post

xecuter dont get me wrong I will never buy another chip but yours. Im tired of getting flamed about saying trust teamxecuter when things get delayed. I really dont mean to call you a liar and Im sorry for that. I do trust that you fixed it but are having some issues. Of course if the mod is disabled thenit wont hold the lframe unless im not understanding correctly. And Im glad you will make a PCB that would be sweet. Can some one confirm what he is talking about?

Edited by zikronix, 09 February 2005 - 06:50 PM.

#419 ModDoc

ModDoc

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:36 PM

I think there is a new BIOS out for the X3's that do something about this problem. But then again, I could be wrong.

- EDIT opps.. old news.

Edited by ModDoc, 09 February 2005 - 07:39 PM.

#420 hippo

hippo

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:06 PM

this is hilarious

1) of course we can control d0 / lframe with our bios/ X3 has always had d0/lframe control via software (note the option to reboot xbox with X3 disabled in the menu ??)

2) going into the cpld via the i2c bus is a funny joke ? i dont get you ? the cpld completely controls the x3's i2c bus - of course it does or else how would it work ?

3) the bios updating the cpld ??

are you high ? lol

No I'm not HIGH I'm the mod chip designer that ACTUALLY HAS this
W O R K I N G !

You need to quit the jibba jabber.

You'll never fix this through the I2c bus it doesn't matter. How did I know BEFORE the bios was released it wasn't fixed? I wrote chips to control the xbox I2C bus aswell.

This thread isn't for your tall tales it's for independants to post their findings and accomplishments and you should start a new thread instead of posting 3 posts in a row in this one. You can name your new thread 'why we didn't do what we said we did' because that's what people are asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users