Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:02 PM

as for bull shit where did you get your qualifications from.

Well as you asked I served a 5 year apprenticeship. I ahve a City and Guilds 224 in electronics servicing. I have an HNC in Digital electronics. I worked till the age of 26 for National repair Company as Senior Technician for Clayton Woods Area At 26 i started my own business. I have service agencies (accreditted) including warranty repairs for Philips, Panasonic, Samsung and LG. I still own my own company reapiring TV VCR DVD Sat.
So Henno I would like to thank you for your interset in my qualifications and i hope you don't mind too much that I did not post references of people from here some of whom have brought equipment directly to the workshop for repair
So I suggest you stick to waht your best at do a google search on no hope bullshit merchant and see how many times your name appears.

carrying on with this is pointless as I know what i know and don't have to submit any proof to you so you go into the ignore list.
have a nice life loser

#557 jROC99

jROC99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:04 PM

I'm not cutting any traces or adding any components to the xbox until i see for sure there is a real problem. For all we know it causes another problem.

I agree it might be a potential issue (in theory only)
.. but again ... i have not had a single customer bring their v1.6 box back dead...

JROC

#558 nachomans

nachomans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:25 PM

Well...there is no xbox dead with cheapmod installed....so cutting the trace is not that bad... wink.gif
I think is better to give more tips for cutting the trace than discuss the same thing all the time.. rolleyes.gif
The trace gets cut very easy...is not a matter of force...just with the smallest pressure, gets the job done...i think the trace is deeper...but not..is very thin... smile.gif

#559 henno

henno

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:34 AM

thanks for your creds ( once again).
QUOTE(Chancer @ Mar 20 2005, 11:08 PM)

carrying on with this is pointless as I know what i know and don't have to submit any proof to you so you go into the ignore list.

View Post

i agree, What about the people who actualy want to know ?

there is an old yorkshire saying
'
"here all see all say naught" FOR YOU words to live by.
as for being a loser.
I also have 25 years with a six year aprenticeship & have agencys . in you exact trade as a matter of fact.with my own buis.

so just remember you never know who you are talking to.
your bu508 comment
about having bucket fulls.are probly due comebacks to you fitting them as a sub to the wrong equipment . they have not been used new equipment for many years.

I think i know your type. he who talks loudest,hey beerchug.gif

#560 zikronix

zikronix

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:58 AM

my ePenis is bigger than yours smile.gif

#561 henno

henno

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:06 AM

sorry guys, I,m gone.

as for you chancer, i'm surprised you can type with one hand.
tosser.

#562 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:16 PM

they have not been used new equipment for many years.

That single statement tells me all I need to know. You just lied about about what you do and know. Enjoy your day at school

I apologise to all others who have followed this last bit and will stick to the topic now.
I would just re-iterate that this mod is not one I am trying to force people to make its obviously down to individual choice. I just believe the topic starter has a valid point here, SmartXX obviously thought so and Hippos new Sunday flash chips avoid the trace cutting and resistor mod at all, as up to now its the only chip with the features built in to avoid any possible issues if indeed any arise.

#563 mcpeepants

mcpeepants

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:57 PM

has anyone tested smartxx's "fix" for this or tested the sunday chip for that matter?

Edited by mcpeepants, 21 March 2005 - 09:57 PM.

#564 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(mcpeepants @ Mar 21 2005, 09:03 PM)
has anyone tested smartxx's "fix" for this or tested the sunday chip for that matter?

View Post

Well the smartxx fix is to keep the LFRAME high instead of keeping it low. So the only problem would be if the chip (mcpx) cant handle having that much current pushed in to it when it tries to pull the LFRAME low.. if you know what I mean.. But honestly, this won't be a problem.

/pablot

#565 basso4735

basso4735

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(mcpeepants @ Mar 21 2005, 03:03 PM)

View Post

sorry to bring this up but has what has this fix changed? Has it helped?

#566 mcpeepants

mcpeepants

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:53 AM

Smartxx added a resistor and transistor in series (I think?) to their 1.6 lpc rebuild board, as a fix to this problem. But, I haven't seen any multimeter tests done using it or the Sunday chip like the test that had been done for x3, xenium ice, etc...

#567 zikronix

zikronix

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:12 AM

i think the reasoning behind that is becuase smartxx being the asses they are wont sell the rebuild board by its self you would have to buy the mod and im not doing that...

#568 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(catdog2 @ Nov 12 2004, 10:28 PM)
For those interested, I measured 62mA and 68mA on two different 1.6 xboxs

IF this ^^^ is true then there is something to it

the mcpx is constructed with sub micron silicon
and 60 ma is way to much current for it to last a “normal” life...
maybe 2 years or less instead of 10 or more...

#569 ChInEsE ChIcKeN

ChInEsE ChIcKeN

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Interests:If I'm here at a xbox modding forum what other kind of interests could i have?
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:06 AM

wow....... i remeber when i first saw this thread....... this old and people are still posting........ tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#570 itzcarlooo

itzcarlooo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(mcpeepants @ Mar 29 2005, 08:59 PM)
Smartxx added a resistor and transistor in series (I think?) to their 1.6 lpc rebuild board, as a fix to this problem.  But, I haven't seen any multimeter tests done using it or the Sunday chip like the test that had been done for x3, xenium ice, etc...

View Post

u can buy the rebuild board seperate at extreme-mods.com...i ordered 5 duos and they gave me 2 rebuild boards for free =) They stuck it in my package, without me knowing. I was pretty suprised beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users