16 replies to this topic

#1 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:33 PM

Here is the problem, I have had my v.1.0 xbox for about a month now with X3 chip and the latest bios. Everything was going smoothly up until 3 days ago, I turned on the xbox to transfer over some things via ftp, and I came back to play about 45 minutes later and the controller seemed to be very laggy [id hit the button, nothing happened. Id hit the button a few more times and then it would work] so I shut off the xbox, and came back about an hour later to try again, and now the controller does not work at all. I restart multiple times, and the controller works about every 5 times, but when it does work, it only works for a few minutes, and then gives out again. I have tried multiple controllers, and checked all the daughterboard connections, and all seems to be in order. So I thought here would be the best place to voice my problem.

I have ordered a replacement daughterboard, and I was just wondering if these are the symptoms of a bad daughterboard, and if the replacement will fix my problem.

Hope I explained it in enough detail, and appreciate any responses.

#2 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:36 AM

bump

#3 Sac2K4

Sac2K4

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:MODS!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:39 AM

you try all the ports to?? if it's that... probly a bad daughter board. you can buy em for like 7$ shipped form people on here,

#4 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:41 AM

that happened with my 1.0, i just pushed the board onto the mobo more, plus it was crooked, so only ports 1 and 3 worked

#5 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:59 AM

yeh none of the ports work, and i tried pushin the daughterboard back in but still had the same problem.

Well i already ordered the new daughterboard. I just wanted to make sure that you guys thought this would fix it.

Thanks alot for the input.

#6 Sac2K4

Sac2K4

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:04 AM

im 99% it's gonna work.. if it doest try different ports.. but thast almost imposoble to break em ... also. If that doesnt fix it it's a bad mobo. but deep down inside... do you really need controllers? rotfl.gif

#7 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:06 AM

thanks very much

#8 Sac2K4

Sac2K4

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:11 AM

Youre welcome M8 biggrin.gif

#9 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:59 PM

Ok I got the daughterboard today, I popped it in, and was playing successfully for a little while [5 minutes maybe], then it started givin me the "Connect Controller to controller port one" error. So just to be sure i took the whole thing completely apart, and checked all my solder points, and all seemed to be fine. plugged it back in and had the same problem. I am totally clueless on what the problem is.

Has anyone heard of a problem like this?

Thanks,
Dan-o

#10 rocko77

rocko77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:38 AM

Try cleaning the controller conections. I know mine can get pritty dusty.

#11 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:07 AM

how would that affect all 4 ports and 2 conrollers though?

#12 #XboxBoy#

#XboxBoy#

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:25 AM

im having the same problem my controller port 2 doesnt work but its a 1.1 so it can be the daughterboard i was doing the hardwire the dongle mod and i think i shorted it any help.

#13 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:10 AM

I dont know what the problem is, so I just bought a new motherboard, so if anyone is interested in purchasing a v.1.0 mobo/hardrive with the problem listed above, contact me with an offer.

#14 alg20

alg20

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:13 AM

i had a problem like this a while back.... my buddies modded xbox. he never opens it moves it from where it sits. One day after backing up a game, he reset and well pretty much NONE of the controllers were working. I opened it up, checked the daughterboard, cleaned connections, everything seemed kosher, even replaced it with a brand new working one and nothing. So he just game me the old xbox and went and bought a new one as he couldn't wait for the troubleshooting. And let me say it was a itch.. y u ask? well his Drives were locked on that xbox and no controller working.. well lets say..... it was a task but I did manage to do some eeprom swapping to get his drives working on his new xbox.

so keep ya head up bro

beerchug.gif

#15 rocko77

rocko77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:43 AM

great story but did you fix the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users