• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maarifh

maarifh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:14 AM

I have a PC and laptop connected to my linksys wireless router. In order to connect my xbox to this network, I bought a MS Xbox wireless network adapter. After I connected the MS network adapter, I turned on my box with the MS dash. Everything is connected and working as should be. Then, I turn off the box and turn it on again, this time with the avalaunch dash. I get a No Link! error, which is eventually replaced by a 0.0.0.0 Err X. DHCP is enabled in my settings. I tried to go the static IP route (making sure I chose an IP not already in use by the network). The IP address is displayed at the bottom, but when I try to ping the box, I get a request timed out error. There are no firewalls on the network. I think it's safe to say that we can rule out any problems with the xbox nic or the MS wireless adapter since it seems to be working fine with the MS dash. I'm guessing there is something wrong with my settings. I'm not sure how to edit the avalaunch.xml file. The only changes I know how to make are through the "settings" and "network" option, through the keypad.

This whole modding experience has been very frustrating for me. I threw gobs and gobs of money to have the chip modded, upgrade the hdd, get a new wireless adapter, and the end result is that I still can't connect to my pc and I still can't back up my games. I'm second guessing my decision to get the box modded in the first place. Any help that I can get would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Daveid

Daveid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:01 PM

Dunnooooo, I suggest you just use a wire tongue.gif

#3 xittalon

xittalon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 09:19 PM

hm try to set an static ip in the ms dash... (fill in ip-adress, gateway, subnett and dns)
ping your box now....
does pinging works in the ms dash?
not -> reboot the box to ms dash and try again.
does not work. -> plan
if it works rebbot the box to ava dash.
set same ip settings in ava dash as in ms dash.
reboot ava
ping your box.

maybe this will help you.
i could not test this cause i got no xbox wireless adapter.....

#4 homelesschicken

homelesschicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:22 AM

recheck your wireless adapter settings.. since your running a router, set IP address and DHCP to automatic. if it is configured properly... there are several things you can do to gain access to FTP. You can either get a save game exploit (mech assault, 007 or splinter cell) with evox. evox is set as static IP. you have to go into settings and change it to automatic, scroll down to the bottom, save exit and reboot. or you can get slayer's autoinstaller (if u r in no hurry) witch loads up with evox set as automatic.

once u gain access to ftp you can edit the avalaunch.xml file with windows notepad and change setting to:

<network setup="1" type="dhcp">

Edited by homelesschicken, 15 November 2004 - 05:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users