4 replies to this topic

#1 iceman89610

iceman89610

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:01 PM

Hi Everyone.

I have a situation on my XBOX where I have unleashx installed as the main dashboard as I cannot download skins for it from the XBOX.

My setup is this:

My pc is connected to a BEFSR81 Linksys 8 port router with DHCP enabled. My modem is connected to the internet port on the modem (I connect to net by Aol over the NTL network). I then have a straight through lead running from the router to the xbox and when I FTP I can see the contents of the xbox. The problem starts when I go to "Skins" where it gives me the option of downloading from 2 websites but when I try to connect, all I get is a HTTP error saying "Unable to retreive file : HTTP STATUS 11002"

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can solve this cause I also wanna get my PS2 online but I don't want to play around with it till I can get the XBOX working right.

Thanks in advance.

#2 sd5932

sd5932

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:56 AM

check your network settings and make sure that the proxy network is not enabled.

#3 iceman89610

iceman89610

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:56 AM

The XBOX is set to DHCP to obtin the IP automatically which it is (192.168.1.100) and the default gateway is set the IP address of the router (is that right). I looked at the settings on Unleashx and proxy wasn't enabled so I know its not that. My guess is that its AOL causing the problem but does anyone else have any other ideas??

Thanks in advance.

#4 Fury587

Fury587

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:50 AM

I had this problem for the life of me and it was driving me crazy, then i just decided to reinstall unleash and everything works fine and dandy.

#5 dscjbr

dscjbr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

I can't see anything obvious, but I would recommend you go to static IP on the Xbox. Set the Xbox static IP to something like 192.168.1.125

Then as computers appear/disappear from your network you never have to worry about having an IP conflict. Static IP is really the way to go as you never have to worry about which IP your Xbox is. It's easy to set in the dashboard network settings.

As far as your downloadable skins, if it doesn't work from the Xbox, make sure you can access/download from the PC as well. Since you are dialed up, your request may actually time out or AOL may actually not allow you to download from there. It has been 7 years since I was on AOL, but you are sharing their internet pipe with everyone on AOL, so it could be a resource issue.

Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users