3 replies to this topic

#1 richkuan

richkuan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:33 PM

Guys,

I bought an XBox with mod chip and 120 GB HD couple months ago. I enjoyed it a lot -- play games from the HD, play movies from another computer on network, display photos on the TV, etc. Unfortunately, my house got lightening strike last month blink.gif . I lost my refrig, 3 TVs, 2 DVD players, pocket PC, router, cable modem, 3 computers, home security system, etc. Basically the whole house was fried. I am glad it was not burnt to ashes when I got home. The insurance company paid for most of my damages, including a new XBox.

Ok, now I am trying to transfer the mod chip into the new one. First I tried to switch the power module, it doesn't work, but I am sure the old one is bad. Also, the old MB is bad. When comparing the 2 MBs, I am lost. sad.gif I am totally a newbie to this world. The MB looked similar but they are different. I did some research on this site, but it seems I am reading alien languages. What's the versions of my bios? How can I find out? Will the old mod chip fit in the new XBox? If not, there seems to be a lot of mod chip out there, which one is right for me? Beside puuting the mod chip, what else do I need to do? Can I still use the old 120 GB HD?

Where do I get started? Is there step by step guide for modding? Any help is appreciated.

#2 BillyTheKidd

BillyTheKidd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:28 PM

did you see your modchip, it should say on it
wat kind it is, but chances are your new xbox
is v1.6, youll have to rebuild your lpc if it is.
once your chip is installed you can use your
120gb hdd unless it got fried too.
for tuts on installing chip you need to know
the brand and go to their website.

good luck

#3 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 November 2004 - 08:03 PM

If your xbox was made after 03/18/2004 then you have a 1.6 xbox and will need to rebuild the lpc, the modchip should work in the new xbox, although you will need to reflash it with the M8_16 bios. And if your 120GB hard drive was locked(meaning your xbox worked fine with the chip disabled) then it will not work in your new xbox.

Edited by gamerguy999, 14 November 2004 - 08:05 PM.

#4 richkuan

richkuan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (BillyTheKidd @ Nov 14 2004, 08:31 PM)
did you see your modchip, it should say on it
wat kind it is, but chances are your new xbox
is v1.6, youll have to rebuild your lpc if it is.
once your chip is installed you can use your
120gb hdd unless it got fried too.
for tuts on installing chip you need to know
the brand and go to their website.

good luck

What is lpc?

I now found out that the old one is either 1.4 or 1.5, the new one is 1.6, the power connectors are different, so it's very possible my old MB is still good, I will try to get a power supply for the old one.

For the mod chip, I really don't know how to tell the brand, all I can see are the 2 IC numbers, and on the PCB it says "ModuleX". I will get a photo and post later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users