homelesschicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:30 AM

ok here is the deal... someone brought back an xbox i did for him. it comes up with error 5 (hd locked or something) anyway i installed the hd in a mod chip xbox (unlocked the hd of the chipped box before removal) and slap in the hd of the xbox with the error.. i slap in slayer's and do a backup of the eeprom.. this is where i think i messed up.. i then rebuilt it with 5690 dash before backing up the eeprom to my pc (didnt know what i was thinking about til after i did it) i have plenty of eeproms... i tried to replace the eeprom (using config magic) with another one but it displays the info of the current system the hd is installed in now (mod chip xbox) oh and i didnt get a chance to save to hd lock key... am i basically screwed or do i have any options?

* oh yeah and the idiot i did the box for got on XBL with a game that was on his hdd instead of his original.. you think m$ sent some info that messed up his hd?

Edited by homelesschicken, 15 November 2004 - 12:35 AM.

#2 homelesschicken

homelesschicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:46 AM

bump

#3 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:48 AM

MS didn't mess up his hdd, error 5 means the hdd is unlocked.. This is really only a stock bios error.. Did you put a chip in? (If you could boot slayers then you must have).. Otherwise it sounds like the chip isn't on..

#4 homelesschicken

homelesschicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (triggernum5 @ Nov 15 2004, 05:51 AM)
MS didn't mess up his hdd, error 5 means the hdd is unlocked.. This is really only a stock bios error..  Did you put a chip in?  (If you could boot slayers then you must have)..  Otherwise it sounds like the chip isn't on..

It wouldnt boot any discs or any dash so I put the hd in a chipped xbox.

Edited by homelesschicken, 15 November 2004 - 04:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users