• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Demobot

Demobot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:17 AM

I am curious if there are any other tutorials on how to compile XBMC using the tools found on the XBMC site?

Edited by Demobot, 15 November 2004 - 11:18 AM.

#2 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:29 AM

Just get yourself the compiled version and dont worry about the source files.

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:36 PM

I agree.

But if you REALLY want to do it, and are dumb/rich enough to get the programs that you need, there is a great tutorial.

What I mean by that is: 1) One app is really expensive and hard to get and 2) the other you have to work or develop for MS to get (and if you did, you wouln't be asking this, which makes the only way to get it REALLY fucking illegal...),

BUT, if you want the guide, oddly enough it's found in the (*gasp*) Xbox Media Center forum PINNED TOPICS.

Look for something like, um, "How To Compile XBMC". That's pretty clear, don't you think? wink.gif

#4 -BrickTop-

-BrickTop-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

GOOGLE.COM DAMNIT!

#5 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:06 PM

Yeah. Thanks. That's really constructive. dry.gif

compile XBMC using the tools found on the XBMC site

If you'd hadn't noticed, this guy HAS seen the guide in question and knows damn well which apps he has to get to compile his own CVS checkout of XBMC (HOW he gets said apps is HIS business, but my warning stands).

The thing is, if he's not already intimately famililar with the workings of both apps in question (freeware CVS checkout modules excluded), then he obviously:

1) Doesn't have them yet, but plans to get them "somehow" (bad)

2) Got them "somehow", but wants a step by step with-screenshots tut (not fucking needed it he has said apps legit, and thus, as stated, wouldn't be here

3) Has read just enough to know what he needs, but doesn't know the trouble he may be getting himself into by trying to "somehow" get said apps.

Sooo.... take your obviously ancient knowledge and "kindness" elsewhere, or start gettiing a hell of a lot more helpful if you want to make ANY friends around here... dry.gif

Edit: Just for kicks, I gave your advice a shot. Now how in the hell is THAT supposed to answer his question, huh?

Note: I read 40 returns deep and guess what? Nai. Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

Edited by Xombe, 15 November 2004 - 06:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users