• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tommy007

tommy007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

After backing up leisure suite larry into my xbox, when I try to start it, on the screen appears the message :"This game must be played from its original cd".
I'm using EvoxM8 bios and my modchip is the XBit.
What may be wrong?
Should I patch any file?

#2 Pookie666

Pookie666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:44 PM

i dont know how to do it but trust me that game sux, so y suggestion is to just forget about it. i have nothing about leisure suit larry, just that particular game.

#3 prdstm0nke

prdstm0nke

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:33 PM

If you're using dvd2xbox, you need version 0.6.0. i had the same problem.

and the game does indeed suck hardcore.

#4 QDaddy

QDaddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:52 AM

While I agree that LSL really sucks rocks, this is an an example of a good game gone horribly wrong.

When I played the original Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards on my Compaq Portable 3 (1bit amber LCD mounted to a 30 lb lunch box) it was an awesome game. It was the classic Zork (look it up kiddies) text interface fused with something fantastic... GRAPHICS. The whole idea that you had to find the remote control to distract the pimp so you could nail the whore who gives you the funk and you die on the street because you forgot the FRIGGIN RUBBER! Ahhh... good times.

If the game was constructed similar to Knights of the Old Republic with the awesome graphic potential, you would have a real winner. Directing sperm around during a conversation while you are trying to look at her boobs just ruins it for me. Call me a complete and utter perv, but I expect more from a game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users