• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:06 AM

(Edited post)

Scenario:

I have an X-Chip with the EvoX M8 BIOS set up with the EvoX Slayers 2.6.

I got a DVD set up with one directory filled with subdirs of six different types of ROMs, the other set up with subdirs of certain Xbox emus, fresh off the Fserves, and burned with Nero.

Right off the bat, where did I go wrong (Or did I forget to add something?)? Because it's not working or even being read from the Xbox.

Edited by Reese Kaine, 16 November 2004 - 05:30 AM.

#2 Brute_DLX

Brute_DLX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:34 AM

What exactly are you expecting to have happen?

You might have all the emu's burnt to a disc. The xbox isn't going to magically install them to your system nor are they just going to be able to boot up.

Your probably gonna have to FTP the contents of the disc over to your already created folders under your F: drive.

Hit us back with more details and check out the tutorial section on the mainpage to get a bit of knowledge on the background of how everything works.

#3 Morien

Morien

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:51 AM

Brief rundown on how it works.
The Xbox reads only XISO burnt discs. Burning at ISO9660 won't work (exept IN some progs that have support), you'll have to get craxtion (http://craxtion.xbox-scene.com i think) and make iso's with that and burn.
The Xbox boots default.xbe from the root directory of the DVD, no default.xbe, no loading automatically, so for a emulator disc you'll need a frontend like MXM (can also be done with craxtion, look for a tut).
The roms also must be in the appropriate folder, usually D:\Roms (D:\ signifying wherever the emulator's default.xbe is, eg. if it's in Surreal\default.xbe then D:\Roms will go to Surreal\Roms\. This must be done for EACH emulator, and sometimes the ini's must be edited to direct to the folder as it's not always D:\Roms by default).

#4 Reese Kaine

Reese Kaine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:14 AM

Okie, I managed to get the FTP connection and I've been working away at this thing since last night (Installing emus and ROM like the wind). So far, my only problem now is getting Stella to run.

Alright, that, and trying to figure out RELAX, but I might be able to figure that out pretty quickly. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users