#1 mmacmu1

mmacmu1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:19 PM

I recently conducted a survey on my website that seems to prove the marriage theory to be true. The survey asks if you have logged onto xbox live before installing your modded harddrive and if you logged in after installing it. In all but one of the data results those who used their stock drive and then their modded drive there have been bans. Visit xboxliveban to view the results or participate in the survey (even if this is true for you). The more evidence we get the better...

If you have any information contradicting this survey please fill out the form on the website and email me with a detailed description or post. Also, if you think for any reason the survey does not ask vital information please post or email me. Thanks

Edited by mmacmu1, 16 November 2004 - 09:20 PM.

#2 Mentok

Mentok

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:41 PM

I would to to thank you first of all for conducting the survey.

I have a question however. Is it clear that M$ ban the harddrive or not? Because in theory if I get a new eeprom and get on with a new eeprom I should be ok?granted taht M$ does not ban HD's of course.

#3 Mentok

Mentok

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:46 PM

I would to to thank you first of all for conducting the survey.

I have a question however. Is it clear that M$ ban the harddrive or not? Because in theory if I get a new eeprom and get on with a new eeprom I should be ok?granted taht M$ does not ban HD's of course.

#4 mmacmu1

mmacmu1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:27 PM

I am not really sure what live bans... the box or the drive. However, you are banned if your eeprom changes from one time to another. Whether it bans both drives or just one I have no idea. Im really not the person to ask about this. Sorry

(can someone help me out? unsure.gif )

#5 VegasFool

VegasFool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:40 PM

I noticed that most of the bans were when Live was activated before the Harddrive upgrade and were recent changes(2004). I'm trying to find out if you think, from what you have read, if the "marrying" happened when Live upadate to 2.0 (I don't remember when that was) or when you first signed on to Live even before the 2.0 update.

Great survey by the way.

Edited by VegasFool, 16 November 2004 - 11:35 PM.

#6 BlueCELL

BlueCELL

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:31 PM

Cheap Ass...why dont you just stick w/ the survey from intradream

But yes you are correct, our survey shows Marriage Theory is looking correct

#7 sbma44

sbma44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:40 PM

BlueCell,

I appreciate the effort you and others have put in organizing the intradream survey, but it specifically said the results wouldn't be released publicly -- and a lot of us are anxious for answers. I for one haven't been banned yet (xecuter 2.3b lite, registered on XBL after upgrading HDD), and would like to know if there's anything I can do to keep it that way.

So thanks for running this survey, mmacmu1. Hopefully the Intradream survey will provide a larger sample size to confirm.

#8 BlueCELL

BlueCELL

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:06 AM

the results wont be released to the public...but i've requested Iriez/Xantium to post the results on XS frontpage but they havent done so yet.

Also at intradream.com we have released a final conclusion on this, basicly saying the Marriage Theoy is correct. Another thing I would like to point out is that I'm sure that all the people that submitted their gamer tag want me to keep it private. So thats why we arent releasing it.

wink.gif

BlueCELL

#9 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (BlueCELL @ Nov 17 2004, 01:09 AM)
Another thing I would like to point out is that I'm sure that all the people that submitted their gamer tag want me to keep it private. So thats why we arent releasing it.

wink.gif

BlueCELL

Well just the porcentages would help and people wouldn't be asking so much about it.

You do not need to release the gamertags... how many surveys have you seen that goes like this:

Mr. Smith said he got banned, and he represent 1 % of the 100 people participating in the survey.

Mr Johnson said he also got banned, so he represent another 1 % of the people that took the survey. And that adds 2% so far...

Just give the numbers out.. why in the world would people want the gamertags??

#10 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:50 AM

results are not the same as raw data

#11 mmacmu1

mmacmu1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:11 AM

I'm sorry BlueCELL if I am a "cheap ass" because I want everyone to know whats going on with banning. I am also sorry that your omnipotent survey was not available to me when I made this survey. If you had made your survey more publicized perhaps I would have taken it.

People deserve to see the results of the polls they participate in. They should be allowed to form their own conclusions in case we are missing something. I'm sorry if I seem irritated because I am. I have spent much time working on this and I don't appreciate your criticism.

PS- The emails and IPs of the people taking my survey are somehow not published yet I get them when I recieve the results.

Mysterious... blink.gif

Edited by mmacmu1, 18 November 2004 - 02:29 AM.

#12 nfs911

nfs911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, PC Games- Counter-Strike: Source
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:46 AM

This theory is correct, i did eveyrhting it said, and Im on live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users