• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:33 PM

ok,, i bought the smart xx 2.0 and installed it,, every thing was working great for like 10 min, then i turned off the console,, turned it back on,, and it kinda sputtered.... like on offf on off on...... then it would work... then i was trin to find out how to put games on my harddrive... didnt do any thing drastic..... couldnt find out how, so i rembered sumthing bout unlocking the harddrive,, so i did,, nothin happened, then i turned off my xbox,,, and now when i turn it on, it goes to the main smat xx screen, with all the banks other options... but its like the vertical traction is messed up, like a bad tv statoin, keeps goin up, in a loop, pretty fast,,,, and its also black and white.. well i managed to lock the hhd again,,, by lookin at screen shots of the mainpage and counting how many times i have press down befor i could hit A..... then i got the the hhd page, and locked it,,,, switched the chip to recovery,,, did all that stuff,, and switched it back,, and still nothing,,, and i can still plays games with the disk, but its black and white and the screen is scorling as i explain above,, and i still have sound..... well im lost.... oh i i went back and look at all my solder points,, nothing was messed up... well if u have any sugjestions at all plz tell me......oh and befor i locked the hard drive back, i tried to play a game and it tole me to call costermer support, but it dont do that no more.... thank you, i would really apperciate any help.. sry so long

#2 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:44 PM

will some one plz help me..... oh, i got it to play game but its in black and white,, thanx in advance

#3 ...ReLLiK

...ReLLiK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:05 AM

XBOX does not like playing a disc or going to retail dash with the HDD unlocked.
It must be locked!

BTW, any info you can enlighten us on would help, like:
What version of XBOX do you have? 1.0,1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5, or the dreaded 1.6?
Are you using an HDTV?
Are you a pal user or ntsc?

I would check the pal/ntsc settings....

#4 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:26 AM

oh sry,,, well i got a 1.4 xbox, halo special edition,,, if that has to do with any thing, and i still have the stock hdd in it, and i was able to lock it back, i just think that when i soldered the chip on, somthing messed up the video output, only thing i can think of, no im not using hdtv, and i dont know wut a pal or ntsc is, so i guess im not wither one of those, and if u can find a solution for my problem, dont worry bout keepin the chip if its too big of a hassel, i just want to play my xbox in color,, black and white is starteing to give me a headache, but if i can keep the chip good, if not, no biggie, well thanx again

#5 lethal[SWE]

lethal[SWE]

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:20 AM

First of all NTSC and Pal are video standards, in america people mostly have NTSC televisions and in Europe we have Pal TVs. The diffrence between them is in the number of lines the TV shows. A NTSC TV shows around 400lines on the screen while the superior Pal shows around 500lines (not exact numbers). But for example if you live in Europe and you have an older TV that doesnt support NTSC the picture turns black and white. Im not sure what happens if you put a Pal signal into a NTSC TV but i would guess it would also show as a black and white picture.

So as ReLLiK said, try to change your PAL/NTSC settings. You can se witch standard SmartXX is using in the bottom right corner it says "SCART (PAL/NTSC, depending on setting)"

So start with going in the setings menu, then Eeprom tool and there change your setting, if its currently on Pal switch it to NTSC or if your setting is NTSC change it to Pal and maybe the screen will turn into color again.

Hope everything works out for ya.

#6 bucky919

bucky919

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:38 PM

Mine did that to i just reset my eeporm and then it was back to normal

#7 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 03:02 AM

whew..... yall are the best, thanx a million,, but i have another q for smart xx, i cant figure out how to put slayer evox on as my dash board,,, only reason i want to do that is so i can back up games

#8 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 03:40 AM

Forget slayers. Just FTP evox over to your HDD. Make sure you know what file your BIOS is looking for at boot, ex. Evox BIOS looks for C:\evoxdash.xbe, X2 look for C:\avalaunch.xbe.

#9 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:51 PM

oh, in that case wut is the best dashboard to get..... rember all i want to do is store games, oh, and can u send songs over the network?

#10 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 12:07 AM

try unleashx it has lots of features and is good for the beginner beerchug.gif

#11 firepyro_13

firepyro_13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:25 AM

ok thanx, do u know the exact name of the file.... i use the mIRC and then flash fxp, and i found the stuff, but i dont know which file.. and i downloaded som of them but how would i transfer them using the LAN network, or would i have to use a cd rw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users