Weem

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:35 AM

I installed an XBIT modchip into my xbox and replaced the h/d and it worked great for awile. Then I got an error 16(it has to do with the h/d). So after trying to fix it for a long time with no success, I bought a new 80gig h/d. once installed, still error 16. I flashed in slot 4 with bios x2_4983.06_256k. I am also using the same boot discs as I did the first time(which worked), so no problem there. The only 2 things I think I am doing wrong is the position of the buttons on the XBIT chip, and the place to put the little switch(or w/e the small black thing is) on the back of the h/d. Can anyone tell me the answers to those 2 things, and anything else I could be doing wrong. Thanks.

#2 Weem

Weem

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:08 AM

bump

(HELP)

#3 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:14 AM

error 16 - TIME/DATE not set in M$ Dashboard...

its a dash problem, not the damn HD wink.gif

#4 Nosf3ratu

Nosf3ratu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, what else?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:22 AM

Okay, first of all make sure your chip is booting from the correct bios. As for Error 16(actually a dashboard error), if you can ftp(use an evox boot disc) make sure you have all the correct M$dash files. If you dont, then just get the Slayers install disc and it has them all on it. Use the Slayers disc, it will format the hdd for you and install all the files you need(perhaps you forgot to format and partition). I'm not too familiar with the Xbit but check the dms3 website for all the details on that. Btw, the jumper on the hdd is set to Cable Select.

#5 Weem

Weem

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:21 AM

still doesnt work. error 16. help please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users